Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

I’m starting to get really fucked off with the coverage. The same shite from hours before being constantly repeated when there is live stuff going on.

I get that they are limited in what they are able to show, but it’s getting ridiculous.

As for have the stuff being on Discovery+, the Olympics should never be on pay TV. The whole fucking point is greater exposure to sports and athletes that you don’t normally get to see.

Guest Bob Mahelp

As much as the concept of 'Team GB' (effectively Team England) can go and suck on my hairy baws, I felt sorry for Caroline Weir. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Ok, so your judgment of footballers is terrible then.

Did you not watch Scotland's games at the last World Cup?

To be fair, I watched Scotland at the World Cup and watch about half their qualifiers at other times too and I've never been that impressed by Weir. Given how highly rated she is I accept I'm probably missing something, but I've just never seen it.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

25 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

To be fair, I watched Scotland at the World Cup and watch about half their qualifiers at other times too and I've never been that impressed by Weir. Given how highly rated she is I accept I'm probably missing something, but I've just never seen it.

Genuinely surprised at that. She's quick, keeps the ball well under pressure, covers a huge area of the pitch, has a very good pass and makes great decisions. I think she's what people call range-y. At the World Cup she managed to just about eclipse Kim Little and was our best player. She's great foil for Little, I like a central midfield with one passer and one runner. 

In fairness I haven't watched any of GB at the Olympics so I don't know what she's been like in these 4 matches. But for Scotland and Man City she's usually a stand-out.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/30/roc-olympic-successes-mean-absent-russia-more-present-than-ever-tokyo-olympics

As Colonel Korn notes in Catch-22: “To act boastfully about something we ought to be ashamed of. That’s a trick that never seems to fail.” Welcome to Tokyo 2020, where just being Russian is a kick right now.