Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

:ph34r:

Must not make snap judgements, must not make snap judgements, must not make snap judgements etc etc

I find reactionary takes, usually after below-par performances by teams I support, to be the best and longest lasting of takes.  People are also the least likely to call you out on them, so I think more snap judgements would be in your favour.  

Murray and Salisbury beaten by the Croatian pair of Ciiic and Dodig, they won the first set, lost thd second in a tiebreak, then lost the decisive Champion's tiebreak 10-7. It's been a decent performance by them considering it's their first tourney together and the lack of decent preparation.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Murray and Salisbury beaten by the Croatian pair of Ciiic and Dodig, they won the first set, lost thd second in a tiebreak, then lost the decisive Champion's tiebreak 10-7. It's been a decent performance by them considering it's their first tourney together and the lack of decent preparation.

From 4-2 up in the second they played utter shit.    Up until that point they were brilliant. Their performance in the tie breaks was very poor.  They only got back into the Championship tie break as they Croatians were feeling it tight to close out the game.  

They will feel that they have missed out big time.  The unseeded New Zealand pair is all that stood in front of them for the gold medal match. I suspect that is why you will never see Murray full time on a doubles court as he will be spewing.

I have one bugbear with the media coverage of the Olympics - the "Medal Table". It's just an artificial construction, with no basis. No country "wins" the Olympics so what's the point of this artificial table?

Like the xG in football, needs binned. 

The Olympics is a range of sports and skills. Yes the competitors represent their country but the table is just needless. 

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:
Ollie Lindsay-Hague would be better off wearing an Argentina top here.

He's been awful.

Never been impressed by him. One of these guys with a huge reputation because he does one brilliant thing in a tournament, despite the fact he makes a huge number of errors. The commentators were even saying his confidence would be shot after one error.

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I have one bugbear with the media coverage of the Olympics - the "Medal Table". It's just an artificial construction, with no basis. No country "wins" the Olympics so what's the point of this artificial table?

Like the xG in football, needs binned. 

The Olympics is a range of sports and skills. Yes the competitors represent their country but the table is just needless. 

Disagree entirely. It should be about being the best. I like the medal table as a gauge of who is having a good Olympics.

I would change the medal table, though, so that it is calculated on a points basis as follows:

Gold: each event calculated as being worth 1,000 points divided by total number of golds on offer within a given sport, eg athletics, football, tennis

Silver: half whatever points gold is worth

Bronze: half whatever points silver is worth

That way it would give a better representation of who is best overall rather than having it massively biased in favour of nations who are good at events that have loads of events, swimming for instance.

Also, go back to holding the Winter Olympics in the same year and have a combined medal table.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Never been impressed by him. One of these guys with a huge reputation because he does one brilliant thing in a tournament, despite the fact he makes a huge number of errors. The commentators were even saying his confidence would be shot after one error.
And he just scores.

What do we know!!

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]