Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Somehow I don't think Team GB are going to be troubling the upper echelons of the medal table at this Olympics. 

Back to the good old days of affording national hero status to the modern pentathlon team...

Superb solo performance from Kiesenhoffer to win Gold in the women's road race . 
A huge shock given the strength of the Dutch team. I know things are different compared to a pro race and IIRC they don't have radios etc, but it appears the Dutch were oblivious to the fact that the Austrian was miles up the road on her own. Annemiek van Vleuten broke away late on to take second and initially thought she had won gold.

Kiesenhoffer is an amateur too which makes it all the more remarkable.

Superb solo performance from Kiesenhoffer to win Gold in the women's road race . 
What an upset.[emoji44] So much so, Van Vluten, in 2nd, thought she had won![emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

8 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Just watched half an hour of skateboarding, 25 mins of guys falling in their arse, I have no idea the difference between the tricks that do land to get the scores they do and Jagger Eaton looks like a cock! 

Perfect Olympic sport! 

Strange not so see then with elbow, wrist and knee pads on. I hope their mothers don't see.

Edited by 101

45 minutes ago, 101 said:

The BBC there saying a lassie has detected from Iran to the refugee Olympic team, surely she's been forced to flee?

If it's the woman who beat Jade Jones she'd moved to Germany and wanted to represent them due to her disapproval of the Iranian regime, but had to make do with the refugee team instead. 

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

BBC showed virtually every minute of 2012 and 2016 for all sports. 

I think this is the least BBC have shown since Athens. It's because the IOC sold the rights for  all of Europe to Discovery. They then sublicensed the ability to have two streams to BBC. 

I wouldn't mind but they are showing Salford fluff whilst medal matches are happening. And then pretending events are happening live on BBC1 when they happened 10 minutes ago .

10 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The time difference might have put them off this time they know viewing figures will be low from 0000-0600/0800, Which I understand tbf but still a pain in the neck.

No, it's kind of out of their control because if the IOC deal with Discovery. It will be the same in three years for Paris 2024 when events will be happening in primetime in UK.

Gold medal favourite John Rahm out of the golf after his second positive covid test in two months. 
First two PCR tests were negative, third and final one returned a positive. Not enough time for Spain to send a replacement, Patrick Reed taking DeChambeau's spot on the US team.