F1 2021

Lyle Lanley

Anyone else noticed some weird rubber-banding type stuff? Just finished my race at Poritmao and my best time and fastest lap of the race was a 1:16.125, the two closest laps were Leclerc and Verstappen with a 1:16.322 and 1:16.573 respectively. Yet the next fastest lap of the race was a 1:17.070 by Hamilton. There was no obvious tyre deficit or anything like that to explain it so my assumption is the AI was fighting much harder against me, seems weird is all.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 05/12/2021 at 02:46, IainMorton said:

7 races in, and rage quit 4 of them. Not really enjoying this as much as previous games. Spending most of the time lighting up the rear tyres on the exit of slow corners and spinning.

Glad I’m not the only one. Picked the game up for £23 in the PSN sale but seem to spend more time facing the wrong way or losing my front wing. Last race for example I was 5 secs clear of Ham & Bot then lose it at Portimao and end up third. Also don’t think I’ve got round Catalunya in one piece yet.

All that said I am enjoying the game. Always gets us laughing if a group of us play unranked social play. I just need to get rid of any notion that I’m Jarno Olmert all of a sudden. 

• 6 months later...
Anyone picked up the new game yet?

Yeah f1 life is a load of utter pish but the gameplay seems pretty good in the hour or so i played it. Scrap f1 life and give fans what they want like classic cars and tracks again. Tbf the story mode in 2021 was also decent.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be absolutely incapable of putting a decent qualifying lap in. Always played 20 and 21 at 100% difficulty and was qualifying just about where I’d expect to for whatever car I was in. This time round I’m on 90% and about 1.1-1.4 seconds off my team mate but absolutely smoking everyone in the race.