Pedro Martinez Losa

craigkillie

It appears that Pedro Martinez Losa is about to be announced as the new Scotland manager, just the 7 months after Shelley Kerr left the post. It's taken a while, but I suppose it's better to take your time and get it right than rush into a bad appointment.

He seems to have good pedigree, has just led Bordeaux to back-to-back 3rd placed finishes in France, and had experience at Arsenal before that where he worked with a couple of our players. Hopefully he can turn things around and get us going off to Australia and New Zealand in a couple of years' time.

Edited by craigkillie

On 20/07/2021 at 15:49, craigkillie said:

It appears that Pedro Martinez Losa is about to be announced as the new Scotland manager, just the 7 months after Shelley Kerr left the post. It's taken a while, but I suppose it's better to take your time and get it right than rush into a bad appointment.

He seems to have good pedigree, has just led Bordeaux to back-to-back 3rd placed finishes in France, and had experience at Arsenal before that where he worked with a couple of our players. Hopefully he can turn things around and get us going off to Australia and New Zealand in a couple of years' time.

Just noticed this. At last!

I was fervently hoping the reason for the long delay was that they had someone good lined up, and that definitely seems to have been the case. His track record is as good as we could have hoped for. At Arsenal he did a major rebuilding job and laid the foundations for their title win after he left, and Scotland will need some of this now.

He followed Shelley Kerr at Arsenal and now he's followed her into Scotland. Let's hope he doesn't follow her any further...

3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

If he follows her by taking us to a World Cup again, I’d settle for that.

True, just maybe not the 'getting pished, laying into the team and thereby alienating the players and failing to qualify for the following Euros' part.

We really need to get off to a good start and give ourself a decent chance of winning the group like we did last time, because the play-off route this time looks mental.