Most Miserable Defeat

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Still incredible that they'd not have been relegated had their fans not been so daft at Palmerston. 90th minute Falkirk goal, pitch invasion from the Falkirk fans, extra time added on and Dobbie scores a penalty to equalise. Falkirk relegated on goal difference and not back since. 

I'm pretty sure the QoSTV highlights show it all in real time.

Surprisingly only a minute between Falkirk scoring and QotS kicking off again, as well as DKD getting a red card in the middle. Queens then get a penalty within 30 seconds of the restart. Osman not winning the initial header then giving away the penalty summed up his time at Falkirk quite nicely 

Threads given me PTSD.

2 I haven’t seen pars fans mention.

5-1 defeat to Partick .  Maybe the events that followed makes this worse in hindsight but the transition from being ready to go to a rival for the title,  to half our board resigning, finding out our players haven’t been paid and we were playing Chris Kane at left back.  Got annihilated and we spiralled from one disaster to another that we haven’t yet recovered to where we thought we were 2-3 days before that match.

2-1 defeat to Inverness when we got relegated in 2007.  We were dreadful that season, but I was young and dumb and a good cup run and a desperate run of results at the end of the season had me believing we’d get out of it.  At half time with st mirren losing and us ahead that belief couldn’t have been stronger. Then de vries who was an absolute hero that year let’s a shite free kick slip through him and we lose to a last minute deflection off Bamba(another hero) all whilst knowing st mirren had turned it around at fir park.

Edited by parsforlife

93/94  - Hamilton away. A really crap season with three different 5-1 defeats already under our belts (one a derby and the other two to F*lk*rk).

Our last ever trip to Douglas Park, where we hadn't won since the mid 60s. Drawing 0-0 at HT, we had managed to go 2-0 up on the hour mark thanks to Rowan Alexander & Alan Mahood. With 10 minutes to go we were 3-2 down and Accies were hitting the post with a penalty. Amid the expected howls of protest at the board/manager/players, I was really gutted by this one. We were officially relegated in our next game with a 1-0 home defeat by Ayr, but for me this defeat was the game which sealed our fate that season.

0-3 play-off defeat against Cowdenbeath was a hard one to take, but put it in to context, we had literally just survived oblivion and Cowdenbeath actually had some very good players playing for them. Still pretty shite though. We'd have won the league actually very comfortably that season too however Sevco stormed it in their second season in existence. 
There's not one moment that particularly stands out. I have had some miserable experiences supporting the Pars. The Scottish Cup finals in the noughties we could have won both, but can't really be miserable about getting to cup finals. 
In no particular order, the following stick out as sore yins to watch: getting pumped out of Europe in the last minute to the Icelandic fisherman in 2004; losing to an already relegated Airdrie United last game of 2012/13 when we just needed to win to clinch 8th place; getting pumped 0-5 at home to Hamilton Accies during Kenny's spell (Offiong scored possibly the best goal I have ever seen in the flesh); 0-3 Scottish Cup defeat to Raith in 2019. Could go on forever tbh.
In more recent times, that 5-1 defeat to Raith was absolutely horrendous and it could possibly have stood out for me as the worst, but thankfully fans couldn't attend and I was able to turn the TV over after the 5th went in. 
If I were to pick one, I'd maybe go for the 0-5 defeat to Hamilton Accies. Bar a 1 season exit, we had spent 10 years in the top flight, got relegated in 2007 and our first season back down, whilst playing in Europe the same season, we get absolutely annihilated, at home, to Hamilton Accies. Think they only had about 30 fans that day and all you could hear after every goal was a massive "BOOOOOOO" In some ways I'm glad I was there just to see that Offiong goal: it was seriously that good. Wish there were highlights of it somewhere. 
I'm so glad someone else remembers that goal, it was outstanding. On the flipside that is probably one of my most memorable football games. That was the day I think we all knew we were winning the league and I also won £620 from a £1 coupon that day. Great times.

7 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Haha, just beat me too it.

Go 1 nil up with 5 mins to go then Guido comes to collect a routine ball....

I still struggle to believe we lost that day... some goal from Mendes though...

Advert for Starks Bark in front of the C Stand.

Pain wise, losing the play off final to Livingston resulting in our relegation and downwards spiral is hard to top.

General thumping wise, losing 5-1 to Morton in 2018. Playing some of our worst football I have ever seen as a Thistle fan at this point in that season and this result summed us up at the time.

I seem to remember Jimmy Nicholl essentially doing Clyde's team talk for them, when he said something along the lines of Raith Rovers being able to beat a 'team of Juniors' at Stark's Park prior to a cup game around 98/99.

Final score Raith Rovers 0-4 Clyde

There have certainly been a good few as a Pars fan but one of the ones that sticks out for me was a 5-1 thumping by Thistle at Firhill. I remember being really hungover but so was already off to a bad start but wanted to go and enjoy what I thought would be a close game between two title contenders. I think this game was in the November so our off-field troubles were starting to be known, players not getting paid etc. I think Thistle went 1 up early doors and we may have equalised but it was an absolute pasting after that. We did however draw Thistle away in the Scottish Cup in a tie that was played a fortnight later and managed to win 0-1 with an Andy Barrowman header so was a little easier to forget.

Special mentions to the 0-3 Cowden playoff game, losing 2-0 to Livi in a must win game that thankfully put the nail in Davie Hay's managerial coffin, two back to back home games in 2007/08 where we played Hamilton and Livi and I think the aggregate scoring was 0-9. I'm sure I'll think of more as the day goes on.

10 minutes ago, JFPar said:

There have certainly been a good few as a Pars fan but one of the ones that sticks out for me was a 5-1 thumping by Thistle at Firhill. I remember being really hungover but so was already off to a bad start but wanted to go and enjoy what I thought would be a close game between two title contenders. I think this game was in the November so our off-field troubles were starting to be known, players not getting paid etc. I think Thistle went 1 up early doors and we may have equalised but it was an absolute pasting after that. We did however draw Thistle away in the Scottish Cup in a tie that was played a fortnight later and managed to win 0-1 with an Andy Barrowman header so was a little easier to forget.

Our third and especially fourth goals from that game remain two of my favourite Thistle goals.

I’m absolutely certain that Dunfermline should have scored a second at 1-1, but instead of playing a simple pass across the face of goal to an open man, the guy blasted it wide. We scored very shortly after and as you say, the rest of that game was a complete pumping. 

Still incredible that they'd not have been relegated had their fans not been so daft at Palmerston. 90th minute Falkirk goal, pitch invasion from the Falkirk fans, extra time added on and Dobbie scores a penalty to equalise. Falkirk relegated on goal difference and not back since. 

Not sure I understand that logic. Not sure of the exact timings, but in theory if there were 3 minutes of stoppage time left to play when the goal was scored, there were 3 minutes left to play when play restarted regardless of how long the celebrations were. No? There isn’t more time added due to the length of celebration, the amount of time still to play remains the same.

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

Was one of them, possibly the last goal not a screamer from Ross Forbes? Thistle were very good that season.

Yeah, Forbes scored the 4th, stuck it right in the top corner from 30 yards out. The third was O’Donnell running the length of the pitch before chipping it over Gallacher as well.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Not sure I understand that logic. Not sure of the exact timings, but in theory if there were 3 minutes of stoppage time left to play when the goal was scored, there were 3 minutes left to play when play restarted regardless of how long the celebrations were. No? There isn’t more time added due to the length of celebration, the amount of time still to play remains the same.

Yep, the ‘fans costing Falkirk the game’ theory doesn’t really make any sense. It’s an amusing thought though, that they celebrated so wildly before being so devastated about a minute later.

2-5 at home to the Pars in their purple and green strip, with Ray Allan in goals.  Really terrible experience.

Original Rangers winning 9IAR with a 6-0 win at Starks not great.

Actually this isn't a lot of fun to think about so I'm going to leave it there...

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Yip, the theory makes no real sense.  No extra game time was generated by the celebrations; it's just that the 're-start was delayed a little.

It was indeed a dodgy dive by Dykes as he struggled to make up for gifting Falkirk their penalty with an inexplicable handball.