Ibrox - parking advice

4 hours ago, Radford said:

If you don't mind a walk, I've started parking at Cartha Queen's Park RFC when we visit Ibrox. It's a 20 minute walk but you get straight onto M77 afterwards.

You'll easily sit in your car for 20 mins if you are parked too close.

Decent shout, that, from what I can see on Google maps. Think I've found a street nearby that fits the bill...

2 hours ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Sorry, quite a long winded answer - I've done the 92 in England/Wales (although now have about 6-7 to visit to have the current lot), but I'm a fairly amatuer level obsessive, compared to some people out there!

Good to encounter a fellow-wanderer.  I have ticked off all the Scottish grounds some time ago, with about half-a-dozen left of the English ones.

Here was my Turf Moor visit, which you may (or may not) find of interest:

http://ian38018.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-06-10T11%3A35%3A00%2B01%3A00&max-results=1

8 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Good to encounter a fellow-wanderer.  I have ticked off all the Scottish grounds some time ago, with about half-a-dozen left of the English ones.

http://ian38018.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-06-10T11%3A35%3A00%2B01%3A00&max-results=1

Your website is brilliant mate - brought back great memories reading about your visit to Brockville - thanks for sharing !!

11 hours ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Ahhh, I know the sort of thing, a bit like Anfield....

Mind yer car, mister, only a fiver...

It's alright, I've got an Alsatian in there...

Oh, right, mister....puts out fires, does he?! 🙂

There's a variation on that one from the Edinburgh gent who went to Ibrox with his 4 x 4.

When asked the usual question from the kids he points to a slavering rotweiller sitting up in the front seat. "Brutus will keep an eye on it for me,"  he explains.

"Haw mister", shouts a kid, as he walks away, "Can Brutus blaw up tyres?"

19 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Aye, it's a ballot for STHs only, the club are awaiting a decision from the council as to how many will be allowed to attend.

Anyway, Ibrox. The bit I've highlighted in yellow is where I have previously parked but, as I said, you have to get there really early. 

image.thumb.png.8dce702f4a0a07d105c3a6dbe344209e.png

They've added bus lanes heading towards Paisley now as well as the eastbound one and double yellow lined that bit of road. 

12 hours ago, Ian38018 said:

Nice one: I remember the game well. We were really poor that season...that game gave us false hope for the 2010-11 season...Thanks for sharing!

You could park just off London Road.  It is a pleasant walk from there, and you can generally find a friendly local willing to look after your car for you. 
I'd wondered about that. Only ever encountered it at Celtic and Rangers but not driven to either in ages (and generally don't go) - is it still a thing?

On 19/07/2021 at 21:42, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Your website is brilliant mate - brought back great memories reading about your visit to Brockville - thanks for sharing !!

Agree. 

Now, come visit Edgar Street. 

Thank you. 

28 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

My sister lives in Hereford. Every time I go down to see her Hereford are playing away. I'll need to coordinate things better.

Ahh cool! Yes, it’s a great ground.