Ibrox - parking advice

1 minute ago, Radford said:

If you don't mind a walk, I've started parking at Cartha Queen's Park RFC when we visit Ibrox. It's a 20 minute walk but you get straight onto M77 afterwards.

You'll easily sit in your car for 20 mins if you are parked too close.

Cheers...I'll have a look on the map!

6 minutes ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Something to explain to the kids, I guess...

Probably a good thing if it's a friendly you're going to. 

Might avoid the 4 hour journey of kids asking "What does <sectarian language redacted> mean?"

4 hours ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Hi!

Neutral supporter here hoping to visit Ibrox for a game in the coming season.

Looking for recommendations for where's best / safest to park. Ideally good for a quick getaway, as will have a four hour journey with three kids ahead of me afterwards!

Thanks in advance...Super Scotty Arfield!

You could park just off London Road.  It is a pleasant walk from there, and you can generally find a friendly local willing to look after your car for you. 

4 hours ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Hi!

Neutral supporter here hoping to visit Ibrox for a game in the coming season.

Looking for recommendations for where's best / safest to park. Ideally good for a quick getaway, as will have a four hour journey with three kids ahead of me afterwards!

Thanks in advance...Super Scotty Arfield!

Are you a proddy claret or a ****** claret?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I noticed you are fitting a few games in, from Montrose to Ibrox, you just on some kind of Scottish football tour?

Yes, sort of an annual thing (well, 2 years, last year having been written off) which started when Burnley travelled to Aberdeen in the Europa League.

Before all that, I've been to Berwick, QOTS, Hamilton, Celtic Park (Scotland vs Faroe Islands) and Stenhousemuir.

On the Aberdeen trip, we did Arbroath, Aberdeen and Livingstonvs Berwick (at Linlithgow?!)

Two years ago, it was Dundee United, St. Johnstone, Elgin (went up there for a couple of days) and Motherwell on the way back down.

This year, Annan tomorrow, Montrose, then who knows - looking like Raith, East Fife, Dunfermline or Dundee on the Saturaay (wherever we can get tickets) and finally - hopefully - Rangers. I've not 100% written off the Hibernian game on Thursday yet, but I'm not expecting there to be any tickets left!

Sorry, quite a long winded answer - I've done the 92 in England/Wales (although now have about 6-7 to visit to have the current lot), but I'm a fairly amatuer level obsessive, compared to some people out there!

1 minute ago, Ian38018 said:

You could park just off London Road.  It is a pleasant walk from there, and you can generally find a friendly local willing to look after your car for you. 

Ahhh, I know the sort of thing, a bit like Anfield....

Mind yer car, mister, only a fiver...

It's alright, I've got an Alsatian in there...

Oh, right, mister....puts out fires, does he?! 🙂

3 minutes ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Ahhh, I know the sort of thing, a bit like Anfield....

Mind yer car, mister, only a fiver...

It's alright, I've got an Alsatian in there...

Oh, right, mister....puts out fires, does he?! 🙂

Exactly.........but without the teeth.    🤪   

3 hours ago, Radford said:

If you don't mind a walk, I've started parking at Cartha Queen's Park RFC when we visit Ibrox. It's a 20 minute walk but you get straight onto M77 afterwards.

You'll easily sit in your car for 20 mins if you are parked too close.

I would also recommend here. The other side of the motorway junction is carnage after the game. The further away from Ibrox the better, naturally.