Ibrox - parking advice

Hi!

Neutral supporter here hoping to visit Ibrox for a game in the coming season.

Looking for recommendations for where's best / safest to park. Ideally good for a quick getaway, as will have a four hour journey with three kids ahead of me afterwards!

Thanks in advance...Super Scotty Arfield!

2 minutes ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Hi!

Looking for recommendations for where's best / safest to park. Ideally good for a quick getaway, as will have a four hour journey with three kids ahead of me afterwards!

If you get there early enough you can park on the part of Paisley Road West that is the bridge over the M8.

However, speaking of Paisley, stay on the M8 for a few more miles, get off at J29 and come to St. Mirren Park instead. Your children will be spared the shock of hearing grown men shouting that they want to fornicate with The Pontiff.

5 minutes ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Hi!

Wouldn't be taking my kids there

6 minutes ago, barnseytheclaret said:

I looked at St Mirren for Sunday's game, but not looking good for tickets, sadly...

Aye, it's a ballot for STHs only, the club are awaiting a decision from the council as to how many will be allowed to attend.

Anyway, Ibrox. The bit I've highlighted in yellow is where I have previously parked but, as I said, you have to get there really early. 

image.thumb.png.8dce702f4a0a07d105c3a6dbe344209e.png

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Aye, it's a ballot for STHs only, the club are awaiting a decision from the council as to how many will be allowed to attend.

Anyway, Ibrox. The bit I've highlighted in yellow is where I have previously parked but, as I said, you have to get there really early. 

image.thumb.png.8dce702f4a0a07d105c3a6dbe344209e.png

Thanks, that's great. Hoping to get there a couple of hours before a game, so that sounds perfect. Pretty safe spot, would you say?

image.thumb.png.027ce1e3c0cccfc17b277f9b75d842ab.png

Depending on whether we are back to full capacity, unfortunately making a swift exit from round about Ibrox isn't always the easiest.

There will be plenty of parking available round about the stadium if you are arriving a couple of hours before kick off though. To the east of the image attached above, slightly to the right of The Louden there is a decent sized industrial estate that you will get parked in no problem, but this comes with the problem that all the supporters busses park here and it gets very congested after the match.

The part I've circled to the north of the stadium is probably where I'd suggest as it is mainly cars that park there and can be a bit quicker to empty. You also have the options of leaving to the East towards the squinty bridge which will take you into the city centre or you can head South West and join the motorway shortly passed the Asda.

Either way, I'd be prepared to have a bit of a wait in all honesty.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Hi!

Park at the Cambridge Street multi-storey car park at Cowcaddens and get the subway to Ibrox.

On the way back to avoid crowds, walk down to Cessnock and get the subway back to Cowcaddens.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Park at the Cambridge Street multi-storey car park at Cowcaddens and get the subway to Ibrox.

On the way back to avoid crowds, walk down to Cessnock and get the subway back to Cowcaddens.

Alternatively he could sub-crawl his way round. Leave the kids outside with a can of juice and bag of crisps

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

Depending on whether we are back to full capacity, unfortunately making a swift exit from round about Ibrox isn't always the easiest.

Thought that was only with twenty minutes to go.

If you don't mind a walk, I've started parking at Cartha Queen's Park RFC when we visit Ibrox. It's a 20 minute walk but you get straight onto M77 afterwards.

You'll easily sit in your car for 20 mins if you are parked too close.