2022/23 Leagues (just for fun)

Clubs playing friendly matches before the end of June need to be careful to make sure that all of the players they intend to use are eligible to play for them in a friendly match. Especially new players to a club, as most players' registrations with their previous clubs don't expire till the end of June.

16 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Iv never understood the crazy rush to get back training and friendlies. Saw some teams are actually back doing pre season and the season only officially ended yesterday. Probably some of the same teams who’ll be moaning about fixture congestion at one point during the season 

Some clubs finished the season three months ago.

Others just didn't bother turning up at their final possible game.

Hopefully the 38 league game farce will never be repeated in the Wosfl.

Most of the teams that will make up 3rd & 4th or 3rd Division Conferences have been off for a couple of months. At least for the last two weeks since Tranent won everyone else in the WoSFL have been able to plan accordingly.

Kilsyth Athletic Div4 26th February
Port Glasgow B 5th March
Finnart Div4 12th March
Royal Albert B 19th March
Saltcoats Victoria A 26th March
Carluke Rovers B 26th March
St. Peter's Div4 26th March
Girvan A 30th March
Irvine Victoria A 2nd April
Ardrossan Winton Rovers C 2nd April
Dalry Thistle B 9th April
Vale of Leven C 9th April
Campbeltown Pupils Div4 9th April
Glenvale Div4 9th April
Lanark United C 16th April
BSC Glasgow Div4 16th April
Harmony Row Div4 16th April
Newmains United B 23rd April
Larkhall Thistle C 23rd April
Bellshill Athletic A 27th April
Lesmahagow A 30th April
Lugar Boswell Thistle A 7th May
Kello Rovers B 7th May
East Kilbride Thistle C 7th May
Vale of Clyde C 7th May

Some clubs finished the season three months ago.
Others just didn't bother turning up at their final possible game.
Hopefully the 38 league game farce will never be repeated in the Wosfl.
The 38 games wasnt a problem it was teams unprofessional behaviour that was questionable. I would like 2 c the 38 games return and take away 1 or 2 of the cups.

Mon the papers

20 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

The 38 games wasnt a problem it was teams unprofessional behaviour that was questionable. I would like 2 c the 38 games return and take away 1 or 2 of the cups.

Mon the papers

What cups would you like to see go?

2 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Well for a start all the teams moved away from the juniors they should all pull out the junior scottish cup. For me keep the west and the challenge cup. The rest can go tbh

Mon the papers

Don't often red dot but you're talking nonsense pal. 

1) Your team don't play in the Junior Cup

2) The only cups left for Clydebank after that are the SCC, the West Cup and the William Hill Scottish.

3) The 38 game league season was an abomination never to be repeated.

No misunderstanding here pal. Rankings are not in question. Giving winners and relegation places for next season based on them is futile and frankly, silly. 
Reality is where it's at.
How exactly do you think bookies come up with odds if not using similar statistics?

Well for a start all the teams moved away from the juniors they should all pull out the junior scottish cup. For me keep the west and the challenge cup. The rest can go tbh

Mon the papers
Clubs should be free to enter the junior cup for as long as they like.

The WOSFL shouldn't have anything to do with accomodating it into the fixture lists though.

You want it - fit it in yourselves on a Monday night when it doesn't clash with a league or other cup fixture.

Live tweeting the final while being silent on the WOS League cup semi final played at the same time was appalling, and giving SJC fixtures prime time Saturday slots in the middle of a 38-game season wasn't much better.

Don't often red dot but you're talking nonsense pal. 
1) Your team don't play in the Junior Cup
2) The only cups left for Clydebank after that are the SCC, the West Cup and the William Hill Scottish.
3) The 38 game league season was an abomination never to be repeated.

1)anno my team dont play in the sjc and neither should urs.
2) 3 cups is plenty
3) 38 games is fine for teams who have lights and can fit games in all year round.

Mon the papers

Clubs should be free to enter the junior cup for as long as they like.

Maybe ur correct here

The WOSFL shouldn't have anything to do with accomodating it into the fixture lists though.

100% correct and this where the problem lies 2 many people got the junior mentality

You want it - fit it in yourselves on a Monday night when it doesn't clash with a league or other cup fixture.

Live tweeting the final while being silent on the WOS League cup semi final played at the same time was appalling, and giving SJC fixtures prime time Saturday slots in the middle of a 38-game season wasn't much better.

Embarrassing

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

1)anno my team dont play in the sjc and neither should urs.
2) 3 cups is plenty
3) 38 games is fine for teams who have lights and can fit games in all year round.

Mon the papers

But you said they should drop some cups. There's none to drop.

Oh and the Junior Cup is none of your business. Feel like asking you why you post about it...but it's a public forum.

Oh and the Junior Cup is none of your business. Feel like asking you why you post about it...but it's a public forum.
There is 2 many cups dont u think so? I do and i also think a 38 game league is fine i really enjoyed it tbh. Use aint junior anymore so why u playing in there cup? I post about it cos its in the wosl forum where my club is.

Mon the papers

12 hours ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Iv never understood the crazy rush to get back training and friendlies. Saw some teams are actually back doing pre season and the season only officially ended yesterday. Probably some of the same teams who’ll be moaning about fixture congestion at one point during the season 

We've had two months off already, others have been even longer. Everybody's pre-season start date will depend on when they finished, some teams were done in the first couple of weeks in March.

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

In fairness when its played on saturday afternoon slots which could be filled with games relevant to everyone then it becomes everyone’s business when it causes fixture congestion. What happens if next year we get Auchinleck or Pollok waiting 4/5 weeks to play a game up north due to waterlogged pitches or something? How is that fair on everyone else in the league if the SJFA cup gets top billing? 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

In fairness when its played on saturday afternoon slots which could be filled with games relevant to everyone then it becomes everyone’s business. What happens if next year we get Auchinleck or Pollok waiting 4/5 weeks to play a game up north due to waterlogged pitches or something? How is that fair on everyone else in the league if the SJFA cup gets top billing? 
Such a scenario could not happen as the SJFA Cup does not take precedence over WoSFL fixtures. Dates are agreed for the rounds before the season starts, but if a game is unable to be played on that specific date then it does not automatically roll over to the following Saturday the way it used to in the juniors.

Just now, glensmad said:
3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
In fairness when its played on saturday afternoon slots which could be filled with games relevant to everyone then it becomes everyone’s business. What happens if next year we get Auchinleck or Pollok waiting 4/5 weeks to play a game up north due to waterlogged pitches or something? How is that fair on everyone else in the league if the SJFA cup gets top billing? 

Such a scenario could not happen as the SJFA Cup does not take precedence over WoSFL fixtures. Dates are agreed for the rounds before the season starts, but if a game is unable to be played on that specific date then it does not automatically roll over to the following Saturday the way it used to in the juniors.

What is the plan to deal with repeat postponements? Midweek fixtures? All most folk really care about is asssurance that we’ll get a full fixture list for this season coming? Following a team who play on an artificial surface I’d love to be able to book time off so I can actually see as many games as possible, im sure clubs would also love to sell as much match sponsorship and hospitality as possible too. Would love to see a plan to have games on every saturday for an entire season. 

What is the plan to deal with repeat postponements? Midweek fixtures? All most folk really care about is asssurance that we’ll get a full fixture list for this season coming? Following a team who play on an artificial surface I’d love to be able to book time off so I can actually see as many games as possible, im sure clubs would also love to sell as much match sponsorship and hospitality as possible too. Would love to see a plan to have games on every saturday for an entire season. 
You'd need to ask the Fixtures Secretary for confirmation, but I would imagine SJFA Cup postponements would be treated the same way as they were this season, i.e. fitted into the schedule in a suitable slot in the calendar.

On 08/06/2022 at 06:34, jimbaxters said:

Obviously upset you judging by the reddy. Of course it's just a bit of fun and I'm playing up to the curmudgeonly image. Just wish I had the time that you fellas have to monkey around with numbers like that for no discernible reason other than to be doing something.

As opposed to having the time to come on to Pie and Bovril to read posts/type out responses (i.e. monkey around) for no discernible reason other than to be doing something?