League bets 21 / 22

keyser_soze

Kilmarnock - evs

Cove Rangers - 9/4

Kelty Hearts - 8/11

Leicester to finish top 6 - 10/11 (was tempted by top 4 at 4/1)

Sunderland - 13/2

Salford City - 6/1

1,125/1

Quite fancy swapping in Dunfermline (7/1) and Queen’s Park (5/1) for an each way bet at a fifth for the top 3.

2 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I stopped doing league bets as I can't stand having them sit in my open bets for a year.

Yeah, it's not nice getting reminded what a useless gambler you are every time you log on.:1eye

I think Montrose at 16s for League 1 is generous given their performance the last 2 seasons (4th both times, but not too far away from the title points wise, albeit shortened seasons). A good squad that hasn't really been broken up an awful lot over the last few years coupled with the likes of Falkirk, Airdrie and Alloa flattering to deceive in the transfer market then they have as good a chance as anyone at the title IMO. An excellent manager in Petrie too.  

Their first 5 fixtures are Airdrie (A), Clyde (H), Peterhead (H), East Fife (A) & Dumbarton (H) so potential to get off to a flyer. 

Edited by C. Muir

• 2 weeks later...

Opted for a few outsiders EW with Dunfermline, Alloa and Stirling.

I think the Pars have an awful good chance at going up this year, seem to have crafted a good side. Alloa and Stirling I'm hoping are going to upset the apple cart a bit.

Total "mug acca" 

Not done one of these in ages.

A mate did Celtic, Arabs, Bairns, Cove two seasons ago. He nicked very generous early June prices about United & Cove. Maybe 3/1 Arabs 🤔 and 5/1 Cove😮. He was surprisingly philosophical when the chequered flag was waved in front of Raith's nose, with Falkirk closing fast and due to host a last-day decider against Rovers20210731_000340.thumb.jpg.8293bda04053bdec2bd28a21f0bad902.jpg🤣.

Racing Post being a mite cheap today! Not in the cover price sense, as it's still £4.20, just in their SPFL preview.

Racing & Football Outlook normally ran an eye-catching and very pretty centre-pages spread on the 12 Premiership clubs in its last July issue. It had a dozen little boxes with transfer "ins & outs", a 50-word summary of prospects and a prediction on 1st to 12th for each team. The boxes neatly surrounded the main preview piece and punting recommendations. There would be a couple of pages of other SPFL views & tips too, usually by a different writer or two to the one responsible for the centre pages.

Tuesday's RFO had Tavernier & Christie as the main front cover pic, but the preview was limited to Henry Hardwicke penning about 700 words on pages #2 & #3.

He recommended 4 points on Rangers @ 1/2 for the title, 1 point on Livi for the wooden spoon @ 7/1 and 5 points on Killie @ evens for the Championship.

Today's Racing Post sees a full page shot of Rangers lifting the trophy on the back cover. The Premiership preview is a re-write of Tuesday's RFO piece by the same Henry Hardwicke. He has edited some paragraphs, but some are exactly the same. That's a ruddy swizz. 

Today, Hooray Henry recommends 4 points on Rangers @ 1/2, but ups his investment to 2 points @ 7/1 on Livi to finish bottom. He goes for 2 points on Morelos each-way @ 6/1 in the top scorer lists.

In the lower divisions, Henry opts for 4 points on Killie @ evens, 1 point each-way on Pars @ 8/1, a very cautious 1 point each-way on Cove @ 3/1 and 3 points on the nose for Kelty @ 8/11. 

Mr. Hardwicke appears to have been lumbered with Scottish football duties this season, as he does both Erse Cheek TV match previews. He tips Rangers to win to nil @ 4/6 and Celtic to win at Tynie @ 3/4.

There is no mention of today's opening fixtures, never mind a recommendation. Olympic football stuff aplenty, an analysis of the Zweite Bundesliga Fortuna Dusseldorf v. Werder Bremen match, previews of the Ulster & Leinster gaelic football finals and the two All-Ireland hurling quarter-finals, previews of "The Hundred" cricket matches (whatever they are🙄🤔) and GB v. Ireland in women's hockey😮.

Oh for the days of Stuart Carruthers.

I've got singles on Rangers, Killie, Cove and Kelty, plus a trixie minus Cove.

Aberdeen best of the rest @6/4 and Dundee bottom 2 @11/8.

Small e/w interest on Sakala and Nisbet @12s and 14s respectively in the top scorer market.