Everyone has probably seen enough of their respective squads to hazard a guess at the final standings. What you all thinking?

Alloa

Queens Park

Falkirk

Airdrie

Cove 

Dumbarton 

Montrose

Peterhead

Clyde

East Fife

Nothing separating the top 3. 

Big gap.

Airdrie and Cove will fight it out for 4th.

Big gap.

Everyone else will be interchangeable and could finish anywhere. 

That's my ill informed crack at guesswork based on absolutely no knowledge of anything.

It's all too early for this beyond a bit of fun. At the QP home game today they did dominate with the clearest chances but did not score, so games are going to be close yet again this season. We all thought Falkirk would be too strong last season and that ended badly for them.  Our squad has ballast but I don't think the quality is there yet and if that was QP at full strength then they will be in the top 4 . I think your leaders are probably the right ones but there have been some weird results already: Cove losing to Stirling and Peterhead/ Alloa lose to Cowdenbeath/We toil against Annan/Kelty thump East Fife. So not too ill informed and my predictions last season did get me into top 20 just! 

Everyone has probably seen enough of their respective squads to hazard a guess at the final standings. What you all thinking?

Alloa
Queens Park
Falkirk
Airdrie
Cove 
Dumbarton 
Montrose
Peterhead
Clyde
East Fife

Big gap.
Big gap.
That's my ill informed crack at guesswork based on absolutely no knowledge of anything.

Alloa top with Ferguson at the helm? Are you high?!

1 hour ago, GableEnder21 said:
23 hours ago, the snudge said:

Alloa
Queens Park
Falkirk
Airdrie
Cove 
Dumbarton 
Montrose
Peterhead
Clyde
East Fife

Big gap.
Big gap.

Alloa top with Ferguson at the helm? Are you high?!

They have Andy Graham so that evens it out

I think QP will win the league. It's clear they have issues with their fan base and board off the park which may well spill onto the park/dressing room eventually but I think Laurie Ellis may well turn out to be a shrewd appointment and I thought their passing and movement in the Motherwell game was better than any side I watched in this division last season. 

Despite Falkirk fans being majorly pissed off for what feels like the 18th summer in a row, I do think Sheerin will have them pushing QP all the way. They're missing someone to lead the line at the moment but I suspect the loan deals will start flying around when the League Cup finishes up and Falkirk may well get someone who fires them to the title. Based on their squad right now I'm not sure they have enough. 

I thought Cove would've pushed on this season but they've made some strange signings this summer. Of those signings, they don't seem to have brought in anyone to help with goals when Megginson is unavailable/not working in certain games and ultimately I think that's what will see them fall short, that and they now have big Scoop Neill at the back (who is solid enough but not a ball player for a team chasing promotion). 

I don't think there will be much between Airdrie and Montrose, but I favour the latter to steal 4th place based on their squad not having changed much at all. Airdrie have made a bit of a mixed bag of signings for me where Montrose have kept a really good core together and added to it. Possibly more importantly, Montrose held onto Petrie through the summer and I'm sure he'll have them competing up there again. I've put Airdrie in this bracket but there is a wee lingering thought in my mind that it might end in disaster for them. I don't really know why. 

I don't really know how to call Dumbarton or Alloa. There's a chance we could push for 4th if things go well but ultimately could be in a relegation battle if we've not sorted our goal-scoring issue from last season as our defence isn't looking as good as it was. Alloa have a good core of players that served them well in the Championship but I must say I've not been impressed with their managerial appointment or the signings he's made. It may well go swimmingly for Ferguson but I fear this may be Alloa's turn to be the club falling out the Championship who struggles to hold their shit together. I expect (and hope as a minimum in Dumbartons case) that mid-table awaits both clubs. 

I think Clyde and East Fife look the two poorest squads in the league at the moment and it could a long season for them. I expect both will add to their squad but at the moment East Fife look a cert for 10th. Lost two good keepers, lost midfield creativity, lost goals and don't appear to have replaced any of them. Having the guy you signed for goals retire within a week of signing probably doesn't help your preparation either, a slow start could be very difficult to recover from. Clydes recruitment reeks of a club struggling for money for me but in Goodwillie they always have someone capable of keeping them safe, which is why at this current time I'd have them finishing above East Fife. 

TLDR: QP will win the league, East Fife relegated, the rest could do quite well or quite badly. 

1.) Queens Park

2.) Falkirk

3.) Montrose

4.) Cove Rangers

5.) Airdrieonians

6.) Alloa Athletic

7.) Peterhead

8.) Dumbarton

9.) Clyde

10.) East Fife

Queens Park to win league, Montrose to go up through play offs. East Fife go down and Clyde do a great escape.

Just now, Brian Carrigan said:

Obviously as said above this is completely pointless other than to see how daft our predictions were at the end of the season, but I think Falkirk Football Club will be relegated.

Although with slightly more thought, I think they'll probably finish second.

Queens Park have the best squad in the league and their full-timeness will help.

Cove haven't really added much but they'll still be up there. Montrose and Airdrie should follow.

Alloa are a tough one, as a Clyde fan I know full well how Barry Ferguson reacts when things aren't going so well, something he didn't experience whilst having Nathan Austin pop in 400 goals a season at Kelty. Quite a few average-even-for-this-league looking signings could have them toiling mid-table.

Beneath that lot Clyde, Peterhead and Dumbarton are interchangeable. However despite a lot of doom and gloom surrounding our signings, things haven't been all that bad in the pre-season game so far but we'll see I suppose. Some Clyde fans had us relegated by Christmas after winning and keeping a clean sheet against Stranaer but some Clyde fans are a bunch of donkeys. They'll tell you otherwise but don't listen to them. They'll protest they're not donkeys but ignore them, they are, I'm right. Me.

East Fife look a bit, you know.

Looking forward to me being brutally incorrect and Clyde *actually* being relegated by Christmas.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

@The Moonster summed us perfectly I think in regards to our signings. Hartley appears to have signed what was available in Vigurs and Draper without really thinking about we actually need, how they'd fit in with what we have and what formation we'd then play

Further signings or loans could see us ok but his recruitment record is not stellar in the slightest. Our midfield was imo already strong enough; just lacked some goals. We needed a striker which still needs addressed,  a winger possibly and 1or 2 quality defenders. Undoubtedly not an easy task to attract capable players that will improve your squad and that are willing to be part time.

In regards to where we will finish in the league i'm uncertain. The 3 league cup performances I've seen have been underwhelming and our team looks disrupted with Vigurs and Draper trying to be shoehorned in. If we can play like last season, ditch Draper from the starting lineup and get a striker to compliment Mitch we could do very well but if we continue to play like we have in the league cup we'll struggle.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Don't expect there will be much at all between East Fife, Clyde and Dumbarton at the bottom. There's certainly a feel-good factor around Dumbarton at the moment which isn't matched at the other two sides, but I don't see their squad overall as being much (if at all) better, and into the bargain their manager is the least proven of the trio. If the OP genuinely believes that Dumbarton will finish above Montrose this season, then I'd politely like to request two of what he's had.

Still way too early to get specific with it, but there are clearly three poor sides as things stand (Clyde/Fife/Dumbarton), Peterhead likely comfortably safe of them (again) and then six that'll be battling it out for the four spots at the top. If QP flex their muscles with a few more good signings then they should have more than enough to win the title, but with a rookie manager there's always a higher-than-usual level of risk and uncertainty there.