Fashion advice

16 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Hi guys,

I’m almost 30 yet I still dress pretty much the same way that I did as a teenager.

I want to buy some nice clothes but not sure which website or brands you would recommend?

I don’t know too much about fashion but I hope I’ll be able to sniff out the joke responses.

Any suggestions much appreciated. :) 

I spend all my time in polo shirts and chinos or jeans. Dark chinos particularly are always a winner. 

Short sleeved polos in spring and summer, long sleeved in autumn and winter. 

Chinos tend to be slim fit from wherever, even Tesco.

Polos tend to be Hugo Boss, Barbour, Gant or Tommy Hilfiger. They fit well and look good. And they should be as plain as possible with very few markings.

My recommendation is not to listen to anything Pie and Bovril has to say on men’s fashion. Jeans and sheux are the order of the day for the middle aged men on here. Or jeans and generic shite Adidas trainers in the colour of the football team you support.
Also need an ill fitting v neck jumper.

20 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I spend all my time in polo shirts and chinos or jeans. Dark chinos particularly are always a winner. 

Short sleeved polos in spring and summer, long sleeved in autumn and winter. 

Chinos tend to be slim fit from wherever, even Tesco.

Polos tend to be Hugo Boss, Barbour, Gant or Tommy Hilfiger. They fit well and look good. And they should be as plain as possible with very few markings.

You were doing so well until you mentioned 'Slim Fit Chinos' and 'Tommy Hilfiger'.

21 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You were doing so well until you mentioned 'Slim Fit Chinos' and 'Tommy Hilfiger'.

Not skinny, just slim. They look much neater than ordinary chinos. TF polo shirts are very good quality. But they need to be plain.

52 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

I wouldn’t classify boxer shorts as underpants.

Oh.  I’m disappointed, I expected a revelation.  FWIW I consider boxers as underwear, but to each their own.

Giving any thought to it is where you've went wrong. 

"Fashion" is the biggest load of nonsense ever. Absolute dregs of capitalism, I'd go full comrade if I thought it meant we'd all just wear grey clothes. 

47 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Oh.  I’m disappointed, I expected a revelation.  FWIW I consider boxers as underwear, but to each their own.

What I wear at weekends is none of your, nor my wife’s business.
I agree that boxer shorts are underwear, but not underpants.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Well I think we've found the very definition of the words "bland" and "unimaginative" right there.

I hope you have a searing hot personality cos you ain't pulling on your look.

I’m married and I’m not one to stand out, just want to look smart and be comfortable in what I’m wearing on a daily basis. 

But I am quite attractive and the chicks do dig me. 

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I also still dress like I’m a teenager. Problem is I was a teenager in the late 1980s

So go for the late 80s rave look.  You’ll be beating the birds off with a shitty stick.

Just don't stand next to a fire, shell suit's don't handle the heat very well.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I also still dress like I’m a teenager. Problem is I was a teenager in the late 1980s

So go for the late 80s rave look.  You’ll be beating the birds off with a shitty stick.

30 years ahead of the curve with the facemasks. Trendsetter. 

• 5 months later...

Before anything else, fashion is an art of expression so one of the most important styling tips you should always keep in mind is that your clothes (tech pack designer) should always represent your personality. Try out different things and figure which items are the perfect balance of comfort and style. Another useful tip- When in doubt, always go with layering. For example, a simple shirt and blazer might look boring and dull, but adding a turtleneck to the mix will instantly switch up the vibe of the outfit.

Edited by willsmeed32

25 minutes ago, willsmeed32 said:

Before anything else, fashion is an art of expression so one of the most important styling tips you should always keep in mind is that your clothes (tech pack designer) should always represent your personality. Try out different things and figure which items are the perfect balance of comfort and style. Another useful tip- When in doubt, always go with layering. For example, a simple shirt and blazer might look boring and dull, but adding a turtleneck to the mix will instantly switch up the vibe of the outfit.

So true.