Musselburgh Athletic 2021/22

1 hour ago, Passthebaw said:

Always a great place to visit. #montheburgh

Screenshot_20211112-074501_Facebook_kindlephoto-247229539.jpg

Whitehill will be wanting to get that big midweek loss out of the way by getting a win tomorrow. I would love Whitehill to remain in the Premier League next season, but sentiment has to be put on the back burner this weekend. This is a match that Musselburgh should be winning so hopefully 3pts in the bag for the Burgh come 5pm tomorrow evening. 

On 12/11/2021 at 09:00, Casey Jones said:

Whitehill will be wanting to get that big midweek loss out of the way by getting a win tomorrow. I would love Whitehill to remain in the Premier League next season, but sentiment has to be put on the back burner this weekend. This is a match that Musselburgh should be winning so hopefully 3pts in the bag for the Burgh come 5pm tomorrow evening. 

Camelon vs musselburgh game is now a 2pm kick off on saturday

Musselburgh extended their unbeaten run to 7 games ( I saw elsewhere it was 8 - I'm sure CJ will confirm the correct number ) after a hard fought win away to Camelon. A definite "game of 2 halves", fair play to the gaffer and the team for turning things round 2nd half. 

Special mention to Lloyd Fiddler and his superb goal - his first for Musselburgh. Mussy have scored some real gems this season, either from distance or via our assing ability. It really is a pleasure to see.

2 home games next via Blackburn & The Swifts, both looking over their shoulders a little, so Mussy again need to be in top form!  

6 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Musselburgh extended their unbeaten run to 7 games ( I saw elsewhere it was 8 - I'm sure CJ will confirm the correct number ) after a hard fought win away to Camelon. A definite "game of 2 halves", fair play to the gaffer and the team for turning things round 2nd half. 

Special mention to Lloyd Fiddler and his superb goal - his first for Musselburgh. Mussy have scored some real gems this season, either from distance or via our assing ability. It really is a pleasure to see.

2 home games next via Blackburn & The Swifts, both looking over their shoulders a little, so Mussy again need to be in top form!  

Check the footage PTB, Mr Fiddler was a lucky boy not to have been red carded during the game, most refs would have booked him for both fouls that were on the Camelon highlights!!

19 minutes ago, beachboy said:

Check the footage PTB, Mr Fiddler was a lucky boy not to have been red carded during the game, most refs would have booked him for both fouls that were on the Camelon highlights!!

The ref bottled it after the clusterfuck that was Camelons red card and then proceded to yellow for the handbags the musselburgh player then sent him off before play restarted. not sure why that was cut off the camelon highlights

7 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Six wins and two draws stretching back to 2 October for Burgh, so our home league match on Saturday will see an attempt at nine matches without loss as we face Blackburn.

One of the wins, was a 3rd round East of Scotland cup tie, beating Kennoway Hearts 2-0 at Olivebank.

The seven league matches, starting away to The Swifts at beginning of October has seen Musselburgh pick up 17 pts out of 21 pts, to keep us secure, at moment in 4th place in the Premier League.

17 hours ago, beachboy said:

Can't agree. One soft yellow at worst. 

Edited by Passthebaw

Musselburgh are at home this weekend to The Swifts. The reverse fixture was nine weeks ago with Burgh winning 4-0. This was the start of a nine match unbeaten run, so tomorrow Burgh hope to take this to 10.

Both teams won their last league matches, each winning 4-1. Last week Burgh beat Blackburn at home, while a fortnight ago, The Swifts were victors at home against Dunbar.

Should be a good match to look forward to.

Edited by Casey Jones

4 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Musselburgh are at home this weekend to The Swifts. The reverse fixture was nine weeks ago with Burgh winning 4-0. This was the start of a nine match unbeaten run, so tomorrow Burgh hope to take this to 10.

Both teams won their last league matches, each winning 4-1. Last week Burgh beat Blackburn at home, while a fortnight ago, The Swifts were victors at home against Dunbar.

Should be a good match to look forward to.

I was through at the game on 2nd October. Swifts were very disappointing, but since then they've had some great results, including the 1-0 win over Tranent, so Musselburgh need to be at their best to keep this win and the momentum going. If Musselburgh can contain the lad Spence, who didn't play in the previous fixture, we've a great chance. #montheburgh

1 hour ago, Passthebaw said:

I was through at the game on 2nd October. Swifts were very disappointing, but since then they've had some great results, including the 1-0 win over Tranent, so Musselburgh need to be at their best to keep this win and the momentum going. If Musselburgh can contain the lad Spence, who didn't play in the previous fixture, we've a great chance. #montheburgh

Hope you enjoy the match PTB. Going on the away match, Burgh should win, but as you say, that away result against Tranent shows on the day any team can win in this league. Look forward to your wee write up after the match. 

14 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Hope you enjoy the match PTB. Going on the away match, Burgh should win, but as you say, that away result against Tranent shows on the day any team can win in this league. Look forward to your wee write up after the match. 

Not ideal weather for football today. Wonder how many matches will finish with the amount of rain in past couple of hours. I envisage a pitch resembling Olivebank a couple of seasons ago when we played HoB just prior to the COVID shutdown. Let’s see what happens, come 4.20pm this afternoon.