Men who wear sandals

Easy to mock until you live in a hot climate. I won’t often wear socks and shoes till September, and while Birkenstocks take some wearing in, they end up super-comfortable.

1 hour ago, Duszek said:

Easy to mock until you live in a hot climate. I won’t often wear socks and shoes till September, and while Birkenstocks take some wearing in, they end up super-comfortable.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd never suggest that all people who wear birkenstocks are for the watching, but there would probably be a large number of arrests following a check on their hard drives.

:whistle

7 hours ago, Thorongil said:

What’s wrong with them? What are they trying to prove? 

I physically boak when I see guys with sandals on, especially when it’s somewhere like a supermarket. I can just about stomach it on holiday, but the last thing I want to see in the frozen meat aisle of Tesco is a grown mans toes literally yards from my face. 

I was on a golf trip in Portugal a couple of years ago with about 10 other guys around my age, and I was the only one that had the decency to keep my toes enclosed for the full trip. Genuinely struggled to eat my dinner knowing the horror that was hiding under the table. 

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

Can i please trouble you for your views on these beauties? 

10001_001_ALT110.jpeg.d082171cb67d55b79da8dd0ff1cae123.jpeg

I believe the statement is "i've given up" 

People used to wear a version of these in catering as "kitchen shoes" wronguns to a man.

Crocs were created when someone asked a 5 year old to draw half a sandal and half a shoe.

Never had the pleasure of owning a pair, but would they not maybe find a use as a protective shoe during some water based activities on rocky shores or river beds ?

4 hours ago, Duszek said:

police-remove-hard-drives-from-the-home-of-former-news-of-the-world-editor-andy-coulson-london-britain-shutterstock-editorial-1373118e.thumb.jpg.8069a9f03b9c2841a5bc69cc1fc80a51.jpg

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

2 hours ago, Thorongil said:

They are the antithesis to human dignity.

See them holes in the front, thats where your dignity leaks out 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

I physically boak when I see guys with sandals on, especially when it’s somewhere like a supermarket. I can just about stomach it on holiday, but the last thing I want to see in the frozen meat aisle of Tesco is a grown mans toes literally yards from my face. 

Its nice to see Tesco's acknowledging the cannibal community in their range of foodstuffs

12 hours ago, coprolite said:

12 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

EJh4o1gXsAU7Bv6.jpg

12 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

People who wear crocs are up there with people who wear pyjamas outside.

9 hours ago, Thorongil said:

They are the antithesis to human dignity.

Would crocs be acceptable for a specific, very practical reason?

A reason that wouldn't see the offending items being described as everyday comfortable footwear.

Asking for a friend