Scotland v Moldova

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Decided to go along to this game. It certainly wont be one that lives long in the memory!

To save me scrolling back pages and pages, what was the phone lights all about on the 78th min? Looked like a fcking boy band concert. 

Celebrating a completed pass.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

There are more fans of Rangers in the Scotland Supporters Club than any other team (Aberdeen 2nd, Celtic 3rd).

Doesn't surprise me at all.  I was taken by my auld man or uncle - both blue-noses - to Hampden since I was little.

Mind you, the first game that I can remember in detail was when Northern Ireland George Best gave us a 0-1 doing in 1967.  Not that it put me off...

5 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Usually there is a security person doing a cursory search for drink. Not tonight.

Everyone seemed to have cans, MD or a hip flask. Not that I'm complaining. 

Boy in front of me had a half bottle of Buckfast. No idea how he got that in 🤣 They didn’t check my bag at all, it’s much too small to hide alcohol in to be fair.

Edited by Jambomo

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Ireland are back to being pre-1988 shite, but I'm quite happy not to have Luxembourg in our group.

No matter the quality of their side, those of us of a certain vintage still remember them being the undisputed diddies of Europe, and losing to them is still the stuff of nightmares. Drawing was bad enough.

They declared a national holiday the following day after that draw!

We created plenty in the first half but the end result was always tame shots right at the keeper. Patterson was tremendous in the first half but faded significantly in the second which is understandable. The game changed when we brought off Gilmour and McGinn with Clark making us look far more regressive and happy to shut up shop. It was a comfortable win and one where we tick a box for three points but aside from that there's very few positives. Our front line look completely unconvincing. 

I thought the starting line up was good and we started well, but we just seemed to struggle to really dominate the game even though we managed to create some good chances. I understood the substitutions as a way of protecting our better players with the Austria game in mind, the way the game was going we could have played all night and we wouldn't have got a 2nd. I thought the atmosphere at Hampden was pretty good considering it was a game against Moldova and I thought the fans stuck with the team throughout which was good to see. 

Edited by 2426255

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Absolutely stunned to be among thousands of people stood outside the ground at kick-off. It's not like this has happened every single time a stadium introduces an electronic ticketing system to make things more faster, actually making it considerably slower.

You were in the North Stand too I take it?

Edited by Marshmallo

I thought that the early-ish goal would be the first of a few goals.

However, the second goal never arrived and we were very wasteful. It was a frustrating watch.

The inability to convert chances has been our undoing for some time.

It was very nice to be back in Hampden, and to have a night out at the football with great company, but the game itself was disappointing. 

Patterson looked good going forward but was regularly skinned by the same Moldovan fella. He’s still got plenty to work on.

I love Nizzy but he was absolutely shite.

We beat Austria, Israel, Faroes & Moldova then I’m pretty sure that guarantees 2nd place - unless Israel get something in Denmark on Tues.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

As good as it was being back at a game, it would be braw if folk knew more songs than the one about McGinn. Must've heard it at least 15 times both before and during the game.

You should have started one from your lengthy catalogue of songs

1 hour ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Usually there is a security person doing a cursory search for drink. Not tonight.

Everyone seemed to have cans, MD or a hip flask. Not that I'm complaining. 

Aye the two boys in front of me had a bottle of MD each. Never seen people get anything bigger than a hip flask in before.

In terms of the game, we were absolutely rotten. Dreadful game.

Three points with a large element of B team, middle game of three in succession. That's a decent result. 

Got a good look at a couple of fringe players. Thought Nisbet did ok. Patterson had a couple of good moments, most notably for the goal, but was generally a liability. Looks a potential talent but not ready.  

Still no idea what our best forward line might be. 

Five at the back, replacing Robertson with a cb, against Moldova is really disappointing. But on the other hand not winning this sort of game has shafted us many times before. If shitfests get points, shitfest away. 

Patterson is clearly a talent, but he's not ready for international football yet. He was great going forward in the first half but done very little in the second, but he's chronic defensively. Clarke will start O'Donnell in Austria.