Scotland v Moldova

Funny what people see eh?  I thought that was about the worst McGinn has ever played for us, gave the ball away loads and kept trying to buy free kicks which the ref wasn't having.
As for Nisbet - by a mile our worst player.  His first touch is brutal, his positional sense is abysmal and the point where McGinn passes it up to him and he ran off with his back turned nearly made me leavebthe game early.
Patterson I thought largely played well.
Very few decent performances, we were slack all over the park
Re running off with his back turned - I think that was Dykes, no?

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Patterson’s left foot is a real weakness. I know he is right sided but he needs to be able to use his left at a basic level. 

Hendry looks good. Gilmour really seems to struggle with the athletic side of the game. Looks feeble and slow and can’t seem to stay with players off the ball. Hopefully that will improve. 

Patterson's first action in a Scotland shirt was to get caught out of position against Luxembourg. And he's continued that level of consistency every time I've seen him. 

I understand that he's raw, but I still am not convinced in the slightest that he yet has shown anything that suggests he's an international defender. People seem to be excited about him due to his pace and willingness to burst forward, more than his ability to stop the other side from threatening. 

Put him up against a decent side and I fear he'd be ripped apart. No way will Clarke risk playing him on Tuesday. 

As for Nisbet - by a mile our worst player.  His first touch is brutal, his positional sense is abysmal and the point where McGinn passes it up to him and he ran off with his back turned nearly made me leavebthe game early.

I’m going to have to disagree there about his positioning. He was more than willing to create space but no-one was feeding him when the opportunities came. There was a particular moment where Dykes latched on to a slack pass from their defence and could have fed Nisbet for an easy tap in, but chose to do his usual clown shoe routine, and gave it away.

The moment you are referring to he clearly thought McGinn was going to run with it, which he usually does, but it was still a piss poor moment. No way was he our worst player, however. What did Christie do the full game? Not that I blame him for being anonymous; the w****r in charge is playing him in some sort of faux second striker position but has to help out in midfield as well? A total passenger. Hanley wasted a couple really good opportunities from set pieces too.

53 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Patterson and Gilmour were the 2 best players on the park tonight. 

But you Steve will play O’Donnell on Tuesday instead of Patterson. 

As he should. I lost count of the times Patterson just gave the ball straight to a Moldovan player. Defensively. O’Donnell is the better option.

You don't just turn up to a home game against a diddy team like that and forget the midfield. Lumping it up to a big unit and playing kick and rush. For f**k sake man, we have guys that can actually play football, it's absolutely painful to watch. I defended Clarke a lot after Serbia but it feels like he's got every single possible decision wrong ever since

As much as I like Patterson and 100% think he has a bright future ahead of him, he would have got absolutely roasted tonight against any half decent opposition. That’s a wake up call for some of us, including myself, that wanted him to start in the other games. Good night for him to get a full game against poor opposition, but if that’s a game against Aurstria or the like, then they are going to be getting lots of joy off him. Far too keen to take on the opposition when there is no need and far too many slack passes gifting away possession. Much to learn fo the boy.

7 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Good point re Tierney. Where was the T1000-esque KT of the pre-Euros games - beasting forward with the ball right Ino the opposition box the after time?
Is he carrying a knock or just out of form?

I think he’s a bit out of form, he’s not been great in Arsenals first few games either. In fairness i doubt being at Arsenal is helping him at the moment given how bad they look right now.

Edited by Jambomo

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:
8 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:
Funny what people see eh?  I thought that was about the worst McGinn has ever played for us, gave the ball away loads and kept trying to buy free kicks which the ref wasn't having.
Patterson I thought largely played well.
Very few decent performances, we were slack all over the park

Re running off with his back turned - I think that was Dykes, no?

No, it was definitely Nisbet. I also was on the verge of losing the plot at that moment. I do feel a bit sorry for him, but he was clearly the worst player on the pitch tonight, by a considerable distance and was lucky to see the second half.

Maybe we're just naturally shit at football. 

Get that 3-5-2 formation in the sea. Especially against one of the worst teams in fucking Europe.

It's about time Clarke grew a set of balls and picked either Robertson or Tierney at left back. Make them fight each other for that place and you'll get the best out of them in their favoured position. 

The players have got to be doing better though. There's enough quality on that park tonight to be thumping Moldova. 

Austria have conceded 5 vs Israel, 4 vs Denmark and 2 against us, they are obviously very shaky at the back, have a go at them FFS. 

Edited by Acastus

Well just back home from the match and the main thing is that It was good to be back at Hampden again.  

The game itself wasn’t the best, I actually though some of our play was really good, some good passing, tackles etc but just not enough of it and god knows, we still can’t hit a cows arse at the moment, we had the chances. 

Utterly ignorant and imbecilic tosh.
I've watched Scotland since before you were born and am always on these threads wanting us to do well.
No need for these brain-dead tropes.

There are more fans of Rangers in the Scotland Supporters Club than any other team (Aberdeen 2nd, Celtic 3rd).

Not long in from the game. Great day out, terrible, terrible performance. What struck me most being at a Scotland game live for the first time since lockdown is the lack of a clear plan when we have the ball. No style of play at all, just make a pass and see what the next option is. No positives at all. 

7 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Not long in from the game. Great day out, terrible, terrible performance. What struck me most being at a Scotland game live for the first time since lockdown is the lack of a clear plan when we have the ball. No style of play at all, just make a pass and see what the next option is. No positives at all. 

I'd avoid watching the highlights on iPlayer then, Chris Burke is a car crash