Scotland v Moldova

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Almost 1 in 4 times though?

Its Opta figures, and I think they take "defender position"/"rebound" etc., into account, so theres every chance you see players in similar positions have the shot blocked aswell as missing.

Unless you see the actual code then its just guesswork though, but Opta are pretty much the gold standard.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Not one single player....with the possible exception of Gilmour.....deserves more than 4/10 tonight. 

I'd struggle to award Nisbet, Patterson, McGinn, Christie, Robertson and Tierney more than 1/10. 

Absolutely fucking brutal. Honestly, we're coasting along on the back of one decent performance in Serbia...the highlight of the last 3 years. 

Pretty much everything depends on Clarke getting it right on Tuesday. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Its Opta figures, and I think they take "defender position"/"rebound" etc., into account, so theres every chance you see players in similar positions have the shot blocked aswell as missing.
Unless you see the actual code then its just guesswork though, but Opta are pretty much the gold standard.
There's a lot goes into the calculation. Pitch position, number of touches, facing goal, running direction, defender position, keeper position, type of pass, volley, header etc.

I used to do the xG stats for a club.

Weak/strong foot makes a difference as well. Probably contributed to the 0.77 as both Dykes feet could easily be marked as "weak" [emoji1787]

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Not one single player....with the possible exception of Gilmour.....deserves more than 4/10 tonight. 

I'd struggle to award Nisbet, Patterson, McGinn, Christie, Robertson and Tierney more than 1/10. 

Absolutely fucking brutal. Honestly, we're coasting along on the back of one decent performance in Serbia...the highlight of the last 3 years. 

Pretty much everything depends on Clarke getting it right on Tuesday. 

never watched the game, but i had a look at the score on the BBC Website, Patterson seemed to be the stand out going by the fan ratings, so have the peepell taken time out from singing songs about hungry people to vote for one of their own ? 

never watched the game, but i had a look at the score on the BBC Website, Patterson seemed to be the stand out going by the fan ratings, so have the peepell taken time out from singing songs about hungry people to vote for one of their own ? 
Patterson is essentially the reason we won the game. The goal comes from him winning the ball on half way, playing the right pass and making a good run and shot that Dykes tapped the same into an empty net.

Other than that, it's the worst I've seen Patterson play. Gave the ball away constantly, defended poorly, crossing was awful.

No way he was the best player on the park. But in his defence, he wasn't any worse than most of his most experienced peers.

Hanley did his job for me, Gilmour was the best player on the park by a country mile, but that wouldn't have been hard.

He also missed the best chance we had other than the goal.

2 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

Patterson was shite.  Other than have a hand in the goal (which was well worked tbf) he was howling.

2 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

Of course not. The peepul don’t even open their curtains to watch Scotland when they are playing in their front garden. Of course NI and England are ardently watched by them, even when they are not playing in anyone’s garden.

3 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

He did well for the goal. Spent the rest of the game running around enthusiastically and giving the ball away.

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

There's a lot goes into the calculation. Pitch position, number of touches, facing goal, running direction, defender position, keeper position, type of pass, volley, header etc.

I used to do the xG stats for a club.

Weak/strong foot makes a difference as well. Probably contributed to the 0.77 as both Dykes feet could easily be marked as "weak" emoji1787.png

Dykes did his best to miss the goal as well. Sclaffed it in. A proper goalscorer slams that in with his instep.

16 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Agree. I think the best decision he could do would be to bring in a striking coach.

I'd say the last 2 games have shown some glaring tactical errors. The less said about Robertsons position v Denmark the better, but the decision to go with Nisbet and Dykes as our front two seems baffling.

Robertson ?

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Patterson is essentially the reason we won the game. The goal comes from him winning the ball on half way, playing the right pass and making a good run and shot that Dykes tapped the same into an empty net.

Other than that, it's the worst I've seen Patterson play. Gave the ball away constantly, defended poorly, crossing was awful.

No way he was the best player on the park. But in his defence, he wasn't any worse than most of his most experienced peers.

Hanley did his job for me, Gilmour was the best player on the park by a country mile, but that wouldn't have been hard.

He also missed the best chance we had other than the goal.

This 👏

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Biggest minter of the night; what we did, the Danes coming within five minutes of dropping points in the Faroes, or Austria being ridden raw by Israel?

Ireland being 5 points behind Luxembourg after 4 games 

Patterson didn’t play well tonight, but he also created the only goal of the game out of nothing.

Would like to see him playing in a Scotland team that has the handbrake off. Overload the left hand side with Robertson and Tierney and leave him 1v1 against a full back. But that sounds a little too much like attacking football for this Scotland team.

10 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

Of course not. The peepul don’t even open their curtains to watch Scotland when they are playing in their front garden. 

Utterly ignorant and imbecilic tosh.

I've watched Scotland since before you were born and am always on these threads wanting us to do well.

No need for these brain-dead tropes.