Scotland v Moldova

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, AJF said:

This. Let’s not also forget this is a 19 year old making his first start for his country. He has just set up a goal and people are desperate to criticise.

It's not 'desperate to criticise'. It's the fact that he barely plays club football and has shown little or nothing so far to suggest that he's better than other options for right back for Scotland. 

I still wonder why this guy, out of all others, has been fast tracked into a Scotland shirt. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's not 'desperate to criticise'. It's the fact that he barely plays club football and has shown little or nothing so far to suggest that he's better than other options for right back for Scotland. 

I still wonder why this guy, out of all others, has been fast tracked into a Scotland shirt. 

Oh, me! I know! Pick me!

Because he’s clearly a very talented prospect, and all the other right backs are atrocious.  I have no issues with him being fast tracked at all. 

Would it be something to do with the professional judgement of the manager?

He barely plays club football because he is back up to the best right back in the country. That doesn’t mean he is not one of the best Scottish right backs.