Scotland v Moldova

I guess the old adage of technology being good when it works (or when people work it right) is true. I arrived early and got in with maybe half an hour until KO. 

After it I went to that money grabbing chippy across the road (Toryglen end) that covers the prices up when Hampden events are on. Didnt take cash with me and after about 5 mins trying they decided the cash machine was down so I didnt get my chips. Better for the waistline if nothing else 

24 minutes ago, ropy said:

Robertson, Gilmour and Christie, even Tierney should all have scored yesterday.  If two of them had would the ‘performance’ have been better?

Nah, the performance was still below average.

There are very few teams playing competitive football that wouldn’t create a number of chances against Moldova. They are rotten and we made hard work of what should have been a comfortable night.

Of course, we win in Austria then it will be forgotten about almost immediately.

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip Steven Thompson scored. There was an article about it in the programme basically saying him and Berti were bombed out after that game 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Moldova are among the diddiest of diddy teams. We occasionally get held to a draw against rubbish teams like Macedonia or Lithuania but Moldova are on a different level.

Yep, anyway what I'm trying to say is we don't just have a right to win games like this, nevermind racking up a cricket scoreline. If an expectation of that isn't arrogance then I don't know what is.  

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

If someone is off their tits they shouldn't be anywhere near the stadium and if it is the case that folk were getting in with bottles, the dude in charge of stadium security should be out on his/her arse. I was around in the football specials 'sack a city for £2.50 return' days and when cans and bottles were routinely 'exchanged' between opposing fans.  F that and F them and F anyone who thinks it's ok. 

If we hadn't had the early goal last night, a duff decision near the end in front of pished fans could have turned into a horror show.  A referee being smacked on the head by a half bottle of 'tonic wine' would remove any concerns over qualification for one campaign at least. 

Ach I don't know about that.  IMHO there's a huge gap between the generally good-natured pishedness of the Hampden crowd for Scotland games and the kind of c**t who'd actually bung a glass bottle on the pitch.  

I did plenty of the good natured pishedness when I was younger, now I like a couple of beers before the game but ultimately I go to the fitba to watch a game of fitba and it's pointless if you can't follow/remember the game.  I find the pished up young team normally quite amusing, and the older eens staggering around a bit weird but they don't really bother me.  

It was definitely a weird vibe last night which I'd put down to a post-Euros buzz. Families going with kids who were excited by seeing Scotland at a tournament, teenagers/20-somethings who enjoyed watching us on the tele in the summer so wanted to go to Hampden when they could, and the usual Tartan das who "want away fae the missus". The 19:45 kick-off on a Saturday didn't help either.

35 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

We were held to a draw by Moldova in 2004, isn't that right?

In Moldova. If you’d read my post properly you would have noted the words “at home”.

Aside from Wales who I’ve already pointed out, when did we last fail to beat a bottom seed team at home?

Well observed, do you see that as positive or a negative?
I think it's a valuable thing to have but I'm not sure the pressing is good enough at the moment to make it a reliable source of goals. Maybe it would be with a first choice 11 out but that rarely happens. It's probably something that'll frustrate fans too, if we're at our most dangerous when the opposition have the ball.

If we can improve on what we do when actually in possession then it'll be a huge asset.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Moldova are among the diddiest of diddy teams. We occasionally get held to a draw against rubbish teams like Macedonia or Lithuania but Moldova are on a different level.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

In Moldova. If you’d read my post properly you would have noted the words “at home”.

Aside from Wales who I’ve already pointed out, when did we last fail to beat a bottom seed team at home?

I didn't see that mate, i suppose it was a few pages back? Now be a good wee girl and find it for me would you otherwise I'll just presume you're making it up.  😉 

Edited by 2426255

16 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Utterly ignorant and imbecilic tosh.

I've watched Scotland since before you were born and am always on these threads wanting us to do well.

No need for these brain-dead tropes.

That’s good to hear. As long as you and the hordes of Rangers fans wanting to come and watch Scotland now leave your sectarian pish at Ibrox then you are more than welcome. 

1 hour ago, Albertlegend said:

Took my 7 year daughter to her first game last night, she loved it and was amazed by the crowd and to my shock wanted to stay to the end. Me not so much! 

We arrived about 7.15 and once I knew you had to put your phone in the scanner we got straight in. 

Was it just certain stands that were fucked for stewards ? I know a few boys who got in same time as you without any hassle yet I see many people who had bother . Strange but again not surprised 

4 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

I was in the North Stand and arrived at the ground at 7.20pm - three minutes later we were in the ground.  People were filtering in for a good 20 mins after the game started so I can only assume that those having to queue for any length of time arrived within 10 mins of kick-off time.   

Was in North stand also and had no issues. Just presume was other areas of the stadium had bother 

17 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Good point re Tierney. Where was the T1000-esque KT of the pre-Euros games - beasting forward with the ball right Ino the opposition box the after time?
Is he carrying a knock or just out of form?

He was kicked to the ground at least a couple times v Man City. I thought he would be off as looked a sore one across the shins, but he played on. 

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

But for you, it's a pleasure to be anywhere.

If you were in Kabul, you'd thank your lucky stars.

He's just happy to be alive... of course the same can't be said for all of his seatmates that had to listen to his chronic, contrarian takes for hours on end.

4 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Got into the stadium when the gates opened and it was an absolute breeze and pleasure to be in Hampden. Fair phone signal, Got the team news and just chatted with other fans and watched the warm up until kick off and enjoyed seeing the stadium fill up - was great, I'd definitely recommend going earlier for the Israel game. I met a steward on the way to the game who was supposed to have started at 3pm but was running 3 hours late for some reason. 

I'm sure those other fans were thrilled to bits to be on the receiving end of your hot takes.

Never mind the state of the football, there's too many Neanderthals in the stadium if the comments about some of the 'supporters' on the thread are anything to go by.  (Warning - 'old git in the corner' routine coming up.) 
If someone is off their tits they shouldn't be anywhere near the stadium and if it is the case that folk were getting in with bottles, the dude in charge of stadium security should be out on his/her arse. I was around in the football specials 'sack a city for £2.50 return' days and when cans and bottles were routinely 'exchanged' between opposing fans.  F that and F them and F anyone who thinks it's ok. 
If we hadn't had the early goal last night, a duff decision near the end in front of pished fans could have turned into a horror show.  A referee being smacked on the head by a half bottle of 'tonic wine' would remove any concerns over qualification for one campaign at least. 
The half pished roasters are making a comeback? Great way to get kids back to games. 

If anyone is capable of lobbing a bottle on the pitch from the stands at Hampden then they should be fast-tracked for a throwing event at the next Olympics.