Scotland v Moldova

4 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Rubbish. How often do we fail to beat the bottom seeds at home? Wales is the only one I can remember.

It's only rubbish if you have an arbitrary and very specific definition of "this type of game" that differs from what i meant. 

I forgot we only got points at home or against bottom seeds. 

2 minutes ago, resk said:

I might be mis-remembering or getting old but It did seem like an even-more-pished-than-normal crowd last night.  Lots of empty half bottles around us.  Late kickoff on a Saturday, plus the first unrestricted access home game in two years.

Never mind the state of the football, there's too many Neanderthals in the stadium if the comments about some of the 'supporters' on the thread are anything to go by.  (Warning - 'old git in the corner' routine coming up.) 

If someone is off their tits they shouldn't be anywhere near the stadium and if it is the case that folk were getting in with bottles, the dude in charge of stadium security should be out on his/her arse. I was around in the football specials 'sack a city for £2.50 return' days and when cans and bottles were routinely 'exchanged' between opposing fans.  F that and F them and F anyone who thinks it's ok. 

If we hadn't had the early goal last night, a duff decision near the end in front of pished fans could have turned into a horror show.  A referee being smacked on the head by a half bottle of 'tonic wine' would remove any concerns over qualification for one campaign at least. 

The half pished roasters are making a comeback? Great way to get kids back to games. 

11 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

You were in the North Stand too I take it?

West. Joined the queue at 7:30, wasn't in the ground until about 8:05. It did start moving much more quickly after the first 15 minutes so not sure if there'd been a group at the front holding things up but more than half an hour in a queue, bloody hell.

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

West. Joined the queue at 7:30, wasn't in the ground until about 8:05. It did start moving much more quickly after the first 15 minutes so not sure if there'd been a group at the front holding things up but more than half an hour in a queue, bloody hell.

The SFA did encourage people to get there early, while technically 7:30 is early you could have been earlier maybe especially if you knew the crowd would be larger than previously and getting through the turnstiles was done differently to in the past and so on with the QR codes.

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's only rubbish if you have an arbitrary and very specific definition of "this type of game" that differs from what i meant. 

I forgot we only got points at home or against bottom seeds. 

Moldova are among the diddiest of diddy teams. We occasionally get held to a draw against rubbish teams like Macedonia or Lithuania but Moldova are on a different level.

9 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

The SFA did encourage people to get there early, while technically 7:30 is early you could have been earlier maybe especially if you knew the crowd would be larger than previously and getting through the turnstiles was done differently to in the past and so on with the QR codes.

7.30 is not early . Especially on first game back with all the new stuff going on. Insane thinking 

Was in no bother and in plenty of time. 

10 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Moldova are among the diddiest of diddy teams. We occasionally get held to a draw against rubbish teams like Macedonia or Lithuania but Moldova are on a different level.

It's this kind of thinking that's leaving you in a wee muddle mate.

We got to central station at about 18:30 and due to a combination of the trains taking an absolute age to arrive and the queue outside the North stand, we barely made it in for kick off. Pished people, young and old, having no idea what they were doing with the QR code seemed to be the problem. 

I've also never seen as few stewards working before. Surely having a steward on each turnstile to make sure folk were scanning in properly would have been sensible? Not to mention absolutely no one was being searched on the way in. The full thing seemed completely amateurish. 

Got into the stadium when the gates opened and it was an absolute breeze and pleasure to be in Hampden. Fair phone signal, Got the team news and just chatted with other fans and watched the warm up until kick off and enjoyed seeing the stadium fill up - was great, I'd definitely recommend going earlier for the Israel game. I met a steward on the way to the game who was supposed to have started at 3pm but was running 3 hours late for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Robertson, Gilmour and Christie, even Tierney should all have scored yesterday.  If two of them had would the ‘performance’ have been better?

Just the result, the performance was not perfect, but acceptable in my view and the final outcome doesn't change my view on the performance.

Edited by 2426255

Took my 7 year daughter to her first game last night, she loved it and was amazed by the crowd and to my shock wanted to stay to the end. Me not so much! 

We arrived about 7.15 and once I knew you had to put your phone in the scanner we got straight in. 

The game was really poor. The chat about it coukd have been 4 or 5 nil? Their keep barely made a save other than stuff that was straight at him. 

I don't like the 3-5-2 but I get why we play it to shoe horn Tierney and Robertson as well as provide cover for dogy centre half's but I think it ruins any width up front as there is none. Dykes is also poor but not sure who else we should play. The subs were a head scratcher and Turnbull should be getting way more game time. 

All in football was shite but great to be back in the stadium and a real buzz to take my wee one! 

10 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Despite the fact that I arrived at the game earlier than I have arrived at a Scotland in a decade, I still managed to miss the first twenty minutes ad the goal. We want paper tickets!

Folk were still coming in to my row 25 mins into the game. 

Imagine the next Scotland home game when vaccine passports are here. Maybe leave about 2 hours before KO time to get in 

57 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Feel free to explain if you get some time away from turning up to football games an hour early.

We were held to a draw by Moldova in 2004, isn't that right?

1 hour ago, resk said:

I might be mis-remembering or getting old but It did seem like an even-more-pished-than-normal crowd last night.  Lots of empty half bottles around us.  Late kickoff on a Saturday, plus the first unrestricted access home game in two years.

Nothing wrong with a few drinks before the football but a few folk were on more than just the booze. Have rarely seen so many folk KO’d before kick off.