Scotland v Moldova

Despite the fact that I arrived at the game earlier than I have arrived at a Scotland in a decade, I still managed to miss the first twenty minutes ad the goal. We want paper tickets!

Didn’t also help that all the trains going from central were an absolute fucking disaster, queuing for 45 mins for a train and missing the first 25 mins. f**k. Scotrail.

Dykes and Nisbet were laughably bad. Neither of them can control a football effectively and are way out of their depth at international level. 

I see a few have complained about McGinn's performance - he had covid and hadn't trained for 10 days so he did well to even last an hour.

A win but very little to take from that 90 minutes.

22 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Dykes and Nisbet were laughably bad. Neither of them can control a football effectively and are way out of their depth at international level. 

I see a few have complained about McGinn's performance - he had covid and hadn't trained for 10 days so he did well to even last an hour.

A win but very little to take from that 90 minutes.

How do you think Hibs or QPR would get on against Moldova? Probably would do okay....

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

Three points with a large element of B team, middle game of three in succession. That's a decent result. 

Got a good look at a couple of fringe players. Thought Nisbet did ok. Patterson had a couple of good moments, most notably for the goal, but was generally a liability. Looks a potential talent but not ready.  

Still no idea what our best forward line might be. 

Five at the back, replacing Robertson with a cb, against Moldova is really disappointing. But on the other hand not winning this sort of game has shafted us many times before. If shitfests get points, shitfest away. 

Rubbish. How often do we fail to beat the bottom seeds at home? Wales is the only one I can remember.

Patterson was mince.

There may be a pler there but until he's actually playing regularly at first team level he should be nowhere near a Scotland squad and making allowances or accommodating him because of who he plays for can get in the fucking sea as a concept. Gave the ball away about 347 times, coughed up needless fouls and his crossing was a shambles.

The only player to come away from that starting XI with any sort of credit is Billy Gilmour.

Edited by capt_oats

Pretty desperate stuff last night. The front two and McGinn and Christie in behind were particularly poor.

Patterson was excellent going forward at times, but also very sloppy at times too. I’m not sure I would be suggesting replacing him with SOD on Tuesday though, Austria just conceded five so why we would cede any kind of attacking threat from our right sided wing back I’m not sure. Fully expecting Clarke to shit the bed, and for us to sit in and wait to lose. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Patterson did well for the goal, always wanted to push forward but his passing, crossing and defensive positioning were suspect. He's got talent but he's still very, very raw.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Patterson did well for the goal, always wanted to push forward but his passing, crossing and defensive positioning were suspect. He's got talent but he's still very, very raw.

I'm obviously biased but what I've seen of Calvin Ramsey this season suggests that he's a better player than Nathan Patterson at this stage in their development. Just as pacey, far more comfortable on the ball, and crucially a much better defender. 

And Calvin Ramsey isn't ready for international football, yet. 

Add me to the list of people who missed the first 15. Was absolute carnage outside the North Stand with what seemed like thousands of people still out there well into the first half. To be fair though, it was a breeze once we got to the turnstile to get in, I reckon it's more user error or people not having the QR code ready when they get to the front holding people back.

I'm personally not getting the Patterson love in, I thought the Moldovans had his number when attacking down his side. He had a couple of good recoveries and attacking runs but I'm not sure he's quite the answer to RB yet. As has been said, Nisbet had a shocker and Christie didn't look up to much. I think we actually created the chances to score a good few however our lack of a natural finisher/goalscorer really shone through though. 

Still can't believe I watched 75 minutes of the game and never seen us score vs Moldova though. That's something that needs addressed.

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The people using them were cataclysmically drunk/stupid/both

Doesn't take many to f**k it all up tbh in that scenario. Few auld duffers giving it the hilarious "Ah'm nae gid wi these new fangled phones" belly laughs with their steaming pals

27 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The people using them were cataclysmically drunk/stupid/both

The guy in front of me initially tried to scan his barcode by holding his phone vertically against the scanner, which was fair enough.

I told him he had to put it in the slot - so he then tried to put his phone through the slot below the scanner where in the past you’d have handed your paper ticket to a person.

He then realised he needed the slot on the scanner, so put his phone in the right position, but had fucked about so long that his screen was locked so nothing happened. As he got increasingly angry he finally realised, managed to scan the barcode then basically fell face first through the turnstile.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

The guy in front of me initially tried to scan his barcode by holding his phone vertically against the scanner, which was fair enough.

I told him he had to put it in the slot - so he then tried to put his phone through the slot below the scanner where in the past you’d have handed your paper ticket to a person.

He then realised he needed the slot on the scanner, so put his phone in the right position, but had fucked about so long that his screen was locked so nothing happened. As he got increasingly angry he finally realised, managed to scan the barcode then basically fell face first through the turnstile.

There was a video on how to enter the turnstiles, I'm sure it didn't include half of that 😄 wonder how many people watched. 

Edited by 2426255

I’m not sure what the issue was with the QR codes for the North Stand. I had seats in the West Stand and there was no issues getting in at all.
The queues for the west seemed far better than those for the North and west. Plenty of folk were still outside at kickoff though for all areas.