Scotland v Moldova

22 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve got a feeling that 2nd place could come down to goal difference. We could do with winning by 4+ but it’s Scotland so it’ll likely be a nervy 2-0.

I've got a feeling second place will be all but confirmed when Austria win in Israel tonight 

Gordon
Patterson Hendry Hanley Tierney Robertson
McGinn Gilmour Christie
Nisbet Dykes

Certainly attacking. Interested to see Dykes and Nisbet together.

I would've had Cooper instead of Hanley and McGregor or McLean for Gilmour but that would purely be with an eye on the Austria game.

Only San Marino, Liechtenstein, Andorra and maybe Gibraltar are weaker than Moldova in Europe presently.

Their league is a corrupt shambles and doesn't produce any players. Those that do go on to have good careers abroad do so in spite of, rather than because of, any football training at home. Most playing abroad play in diddy leagues- the Turkish second tier, serie C, and so on. The previous manager left because results were dross but also because he was trying & failing to implement some basic standards- i.e. that people aspiring to play international football should at least be fit enough (many weren't when he called up his first squad).

Their better players are all the wrong side of 30. Their most dangerous striker, Nicolaescu, is I think suspended (he was sent off against Israel.) Yes, it's the type of game Scotland make a meal of. But if we fail to win this comfortably then we're not qualifying anyway.

3-0 with two late goals to calm the nerves.

1657048166_Screenshot2021-09-04at18_24_15.png.c2f5cc8b6b675402aa46c019ad593f68.png

That’s a much better starting 11. Who knew Steve Clark could pick a team with everyone in their natural positions?
Just waiting for Nisbet to start at right wing back.
Will probably win convincingly tonight, then unfortunely revert to type with formations/selections in next game.

Just now, Illgresi said:

You'll find out on Oct 16th.

We've to wait almost a month and a half to find out who a player is?

Shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland squad if that's the case IMO.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

We've to wait almost a month and a half to find out who a player is?

Shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland squad if that's the case IMO.

Well unless you want to start attending Dons games, then you'll have to wait until then eh...

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

You'll find out on Oct 16th.

I genuinely didn’t know who you meant at first then I remembered he’s the young lad at aberdeen. He has impressed so far to be fair but far too early to be speaking about him playing for scotland. Just let the lad develop.

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

Well unless you want to start attending Dons games, then you'll have to wait until then eh...

Surely, the average fan should know about a Scotland quality player without having to be an Aberdeen regular?

Sounds pish.