Scotland v Moldova

24 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He was poor against the Czechs and played about 10 minutes against England. Then poor again against Croatia.

I’d say the above puts a friendly performance in the 

He wasn't that bad against the Czech Republic. He also covered the left back spot to allow Robbo to get forward in the game. What about his performances for Southampton over the full 20/21 season? You'd write a player off based 2 games? if that isn't knee jerk I don't know what is.

Robertson and Tierney doubt squad world cup stage

Scotland squad

Clark McLaughlin Kelly

O'Donnell Rooney McCart Hanley Kerr Hendry Cooper Halkett Souttar Doig Hickley

McTominay McGregor Gilmour Turnbull Gauld Christie McGinn 

Nesibt Adam Gallagher (if he eligbile scotland) Dykes Fraser Forrest Armstrong (if he eligbile scotland)/ Kane (st Johnstone if Armstrong fail elgible play Scotland)

Edited by Craigieboy86

11 hours ago, 2426255 said:

He wasn't that bad against the Czech Republic. He also covered the left back spot to allow Robbo to get forward in the game. What about his performances for Southampton over the full 20/21 season? You'd write a player off based 2 games? if that isn't knee jerk I don't know what is.

Good grief man. Am sure he's a good lad but he was absolutely honking at the Euros. No EPL player should be playing that amount of rubbish

6 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

Good grief man. Am sure he's a good lad but he was absolutely honking at the Euros. No EPL player should be playing that amount of rubbish

So he should be bombed from the squad for 2 'honking performances' then is what you're saying?

Edited by 2426255

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This contrarian act is fucking boring mate. 

It's not a contrarian act Moonster. Whether it's Steve Clarke being sacked or Billy Gilmour being world class or Stuart Armstrong being shite the common denominator here would be questioning knee jerk reactions. 

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It's not a contrarian act Moonster. Whether it's Steve Clarke being sacked or Billy Gilmour being world class or Stuart Armstrong being shite the common denominator here would be questioning knee jerk reactions. 

ok pal, knock yourself out. 

21 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

But you cannot just keep calling up a guy into the squad because he may or may not be Rangers first choice in a few years. I like McLaughlin and think he is a good keeper, but we cannot be expected to rely on a guy who barely plays, especially in goals.

What it all probably indicates is that we dont have any stand out keepers. Marshall is decent, bit sliding. Gordon too and beyond that it's all a bit meh, which is worrying. When you are choosing between Rangers backup to a 39 year old, Celtics 2nd or 3rd choice keeper, St johnstone keeper and a motherwell keeper who couldn't get in the QPR team, it's pretty grim. 

Oh, I'm fairly sure you can.

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

So he should be bombed from the squad for 2 'honking performances' then is what you're saying?

It wasn't just Stuart and no we don't have the depth to allow bombing of players. And he was not alone. But yeah he was pony

50 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

It wasn't just Stuart and no we don't have the depth to allow bombing of players. And he was not alone. But yeah he was pony

But why was he pony is the question I'd ask? Could it be he was doing additional defensive work when Tierney was absent to allow Andy Robertson to get forward?

He played well in the left sided playmaking role for Southampton when I saw him in.

armstrong2.jpg.9b23a0a4889d3fc0ab1222d39f60b15e.jpg

funnily enough we saw his quality when he was in that area and he assisted with Kevin Nisbets goal. 

Armstrong3.png.0dfc94c790494bd19cdad0bfba0ce377.png

Edited by 2426255

13 hours ago, Craigieboy86 said:

Robertson and Tierney doubt squad world cup stage

Scotland squad

Clark McLaughlin Kelly

O'Donnell Rooney McCart Hanley Kerr Hendry Cooper Halkett Souttar Doig Hickley

McTominay McGregor Gilmour Turnbull Gauld Christie McGinn 

Nesibt Adam Gallagher (if he eligbile scotland) Dykes Fraser Forrest Armstrong (if he eligbile scotland)/ Kane (st Johnstone if Armstrong fail elgible play Scotland)

Even as a saints fan that's a bit far fetched having 5 saints players in there! 🤣

23 hours ago, Rodhull said:

I see that the big Austrian striker that scored against us at Hampden is out for the return game so that's a good thing. They'll likely have Arnautovic back though but at least it's not both of them.

Maybe the ref will be Albanian. 

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

and Clarke is bringing in Austin MacPhee to the coaching staff.

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2021/august/austin-macphee-leaves-northern-ireland-coaching-role

Have just emailed the SFA asking for a refund for my ticket after this news.