Scotland v Moldova

Scotland v Moldova is the next game at Hampden on Saturday, 4th September. Yes, yes, I know we have Denmark before this one. You are quite right and I have jumped the gun, but there’s little chance I’ll be heading to Denmark.

Anyway, when do the tickets go on sale and how many do we think will be allowed in? Does anyone in the know, have an idea when an announcement will be made? Will the pie stands be open by then?

A38D8A5F-5C6D-4FE5-9CB9-E871AEEAF03F.png

Unless anything odd happens we should be selling 50k tickets as restrictions should be away. Would be good to see Hampden full for qualifiers again.

My first Scotland game was at Hampden against Moldova in 05 and hearing a 50k crowd for the 1st time as a 10 year was mental. 

37 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

They think it's Moldova. It is now.

I'll get my coat.

Remember buying a Sunday Mail in George Square, waiting for the night-bus home, after the Norway defeat in 2005 which had the same headline.

Link

51 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Remember buying a Sunday Mail in George Square, waiting for the night-bus home, after the Norway defeat in 2005 which had the same headline.

Link

Wow! So I'm 16 years out of date. Boy, do I feel stoopid.

Y'know, it's going to be a bit of a downer when we feel we have to put aside the schadenfreude over the recent trials and tribulations of our southern neighbours and have no option but to get back to gnawing at our fingernails wondering about possible means of qualifying for the next World Cup...

Still, there must be a few days of post-"Wem-bell-ee, Wem-bell-ee" quiet satisfaction left, eh?  Just a few? Then we can get back to normal. 

Link
I was there too.
Nowadays there'd be some #hashtag outrage and a wee TikTok protest dance [emoji69]

P.S. does the night bus from George Square still exist, or is it all emails now?

Surely a gotta be sell out if it's full capacity given the time since covid an a lot of casual fans wanting to see the team after the Euros.

First once since the draw with England? Also, would imagine it would be the first full house against a non "elite" nation for a fair old while. Ireland presumably. Or did Poland sell out as well in that campaign?

14 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Surely a gotta be sell out if it's full capacity given the time since covid an a lot of casual fans wanting to see the team after the Euros.

First once since the draw with England? Also, would imagine it would be the first full house against a non "elite" nation for a fair old while. Ireland presumably. Or did Poland sell out as well in that campaign?

Poland did but I think Ireland may have just fallen short.

3 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Hopefully, with some sensible pricing and a fair wind re COVID restrictions, a full house could be possible.

IF we can avoid a bad result in Copenhagen, this could be a very good game.  Should be an opportunity to be a bit more expansive, and whilst they aren't thought of in the same collection as Faroes/San Marino/Gilbraltar, there's a reason they have dropped to a Pot 6 side.

All things going our way, seeing time for Patterson, Gilmour, Turnbull, Nisbet etc. would be greatly appreciated by all. 

Scotland v Moldova is the next game at Hampden on Saturday, 4th September. Yes, yes, I know we have Denmark before this one. You are quite right and I have jumped the gun, but there’s little chance I’ll be heading to Denmark.
Anyway, when do the tickets go on sale and how many do we think will be allowed in? Does anyone in the know, have an idea when an announcement will be made? Will the pie stands be open by then?

A38D8A5F-5C6D-4FE5-9CB9-E871AEEAF03F.thumb.png.9699a6efa2f61f7f95af9b49070b43ab.png
At least 9-0 or Clarke needs to go..

18 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

IF we can avoid a bad result in Copenhagen, this could be a very good game. 

I think we could afford to lose in Denmark. The big one for me is away to Austria, we can't lose that.

23 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
On 16/07/2021 at 14:02, Scary Bear said:

A38D8A5F-5C6D-4FE5-9CB9-E871AEEAF03F.thumb.png.9699a6efa2f61f7f95af9b49070b43ab.png

At least 9-0 or Clarke needs to go..

Even if its 9-0 , he needs to go.

Tickets on sale on 29th July. SSC members able to buy 2 each. Full capacity crowd will be possible as it stands. If capacity is reduced all tickets cancelled and refunded, with a new sale taking place.

Can't see anything about season tickets which I'm guessing is because the campaign has already started.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/tickets-for-scotland-mens-and-womens-qualifiers-at-hampden-announced/?rid=14258&mc_cid=2d5d964cd2&mc_eid=00dbbd491b

52 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Pricing is excellent, cheaper than most Premiership and some Championship matches, can't really argue with that.

Absolutely.  Delighted by that price point.  I'd be going irrespective of cost, but the right price point gives a good chance of a full house which is what we all want.

7.45 kick off means there's an opportunity to go to a WoS game earlier in the day as well.  Should be a great day (COVID providing)