The long and winding road that leads me to... Campbeltown

@geo87 you said that they had a habit of not travelling whilst in the amateurs, so it must’ve happened regularly. Just looking for an example of what you’re claiming. Or is it you don’t have one because it’s a lot of rubbish? Travelling midweek was never an issue as amateurs so it’s not going to be an issue in this league either for them.

Fair play to the Pupils on making the step up, a huge move and one which shows ambition and vision from the club. Hopefully the young squad shows the same dedication as the hierchy and things develop well.

Kintyre Park is a great set up and with the backing of many local businesses the facilities will be maintained to their current level.

Past successes for the club like the 1998-2000 squad when they swept aside the West's top amatuer side ensured the Pupils name is recognised throughout the amateur game for such a small town club.

All the best to everyone involved this season and visiting teams won't get many a better away day thats for sure!

Nice to see the 'dangly bit' represented in the Scottish senior set up.

We had a weekend in Strachur in April, and I drove down to Campbeltown for the first time ever.  Did the Kintyre loop and the Cowal ferry to get back. The Mull of Kintyre was interesting to visit too (and for some reason nothing like I thought it would be), but alas the Springbank Distillery was shut.

Very curious division they are in with this 8th tier - a bunch of sides from in and around Glasgow, Harthill and them.  All seems very fluid in the pyramid now  e.g. Scourie being just one level below Brechin City !

Edited by tarapoa

• 1 month later...

A second win of the season for Campbeltown away to BSC today. However, a broken down car resulting in a taxi home from Arrochar will be a stinger!

I'm looking forward to another trip next weekend. Home to Harmony Row. I'm tagging on a wee trip to Campbeltown before I head to Oban for a ferry. Can't wait!

They have been playing well recently but just needed the breakthrough. They have recently brought in 4 players from Tarbert and also resigned an ex player who's back from injury which will help the younger lads. With a small catchment area to chose from they are certainly making a go of it and fair play to Campbell, Norman and Alex for showing ambition.

Finished 6-2 to Harmony Row.

Play was briefly held up in the second half as the referee admonished the visitors #17 for the heinous crime of eating a packet of skittles during the game, whilst waiting for a corner to be taken. "Are you taking the piss?" he asked, not unreasonably.

The referee threw the skittles off the pitch behind the goal but at every corner thereafter the #17 returned for a wee graze.

Attendance roughly 75.

IMG_20210911_140844.jpgIMG_20210911_152811.jpgIMG_20210911_140658.jpg