Startup

Cardinal Richelieu

Anybody?

It, er, started up in 2016 and I believe is on its 3rd series (although it's yet to appear on Netflix). 

Martin Freeman plays a corrupt Miami FBI agent. There's also a hispanic lassie who's trying to launch her own cryptocurrency and a Haitian gangster who likes to threaten people with blow torches. 

Synopses aren't my strong suit, but the first series was reasonably engaging. Just wondering if anyone would recommend sticking at it?

Speaking of sticking at it, there's a fuckton of not very sexy sex in. Everyone's at it. Martin Freeman does his ex-wife from behind for what seems like half the first episode. Normally, I don't mind that sort of thing, but it all did seem a wee bit unnecessary. 

Anyway, your thoughts are welcome!

On 14/07/2021 at 20:02, UpInTheAyr said:

Worth watching through. Thought it was decent enough, the Haitian guy is good to watch in it. Maybe a tad boring with the tech talk, especially if you're not into that type of thing

Cheers. I'm a bit of a geek, so kinda enjoy the tech talk. 

Kinda makes me want to set up my own cryptocurrency - perhaps without the involvement of gangsters who like tying you to chairs with barbed wire though.