WOSFL Conference C 2021-2022

Lanark 1 Yoker 3

4 new faces today, including the manager up front. One or two surprise departures too.

Played with shape and discipline today, despite losing captain to injury after 15 minutes. Manager missed couple of good chances 1st half. Went into a deserved 1-0 lead on 55 minutes and then inexplicably lost 3 goals in the last 20 minutes, the last on the whistle when everyone had gone up for a last gasp corner.

Disappointing result but encouraging signs.

We attended The Battle of The Vales today.  Home team will be kicking themselves for not taking the chances they created in the first half. Fell out of it 2nd half, particularly not getting left back Ryan Cherrie involved who had a very effective 1st half, including his long throws on a tight park.

Home side finished with 9 men ( 4 yellows). First sending off with 25 mins to go will have taken its toll.

As a neutral it was amusing to watch the needle develop between the Voc lino and someone involved with VoL.  When you are not involved yourself it always seems pointless but, I've been there!

23 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.393e1677dbdac1f0760358daaf2700b1.png

image.png.6eb7ebbe28e21c76d927a82e5dd56a54.png

Candy have been decent this season but on a bit of shaky form at the moment. Struggled to break down bottom side Lanark a couple weeks ago, then conceded 3 to the shire and dropped points and yesterday was by a distance the worst performance of the season. With Kilsyth breathing down our necks now with their two games in hand and now sitting 9 points off top do feel the Candy need to up it a bit

hopefully the VoC game next week doesn’t go the same way as the return fixture. Was a fairly quiet affair last time. Really struggled to break Vale of Clyde down and drew 0-0 despite dominating the general play

Vale of Leven 2-1 Lanark United. 

We deservedly lead at the break, but Lanark scored early in the second half and battered us for a good 20 minutes. Found another gear and scored in the closing stages.

Three wins in a row for the first time in quite a while, that coupled with the under 20s win last night and I'm feeling pretty good this evening. 

20211204_133230.jpg

22 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Vale of Leven 2-1 Lanark United. 

We deservedly lead at the break, but Lanark scored early in the second half and battered us for a good 20 minutes. Found another gear and scored in the closing stages.

Three wins in a row for the first time in quite a while, that coupled with the under 20s win last night and I'm feeling pretty good this evening. 

20211204_133230.jpg

Just a pity ( for us) that we missed the completely open goal at 0-0!

• 2 weeks later...

St Anthony's 1-0 Vale of Leven. 

Some referees would undoubtedly have put this off due to the fog but it was the right call for it to go ahead in my view.

Very even first half, but we were poor after the break and the Ants deserved the narrow victory. A disappointing end to 2021.

20211218_133120.jpg

Some referees would undoubtedly have put this off due to the fog but it was the right call for it to go ahead in my view.
Very even first half, but we were poor after the break and the Ants deserved the narrow victory. A disappointing end to 2021.
20211218_133120.thumb.jpg.1033f231b68e54107b0ddd5e05e57fb5.jpg
Definitely looks a bit clearer than Petershill Park did tbf. My own opinion as soon as I got to the ground was that it was going to be off. You couldn't really see the far touchline from the stand side and the ref's opinion was that he would not have been able to judge things like offside properly due to the reduced visibilty.

Voc 3 Drumchapel 3

Travelled from Lanark where there wasn't a cloud in the sky only to be met by the fog on the outskirts of Glasgow. Game wasn't unduly affected by the fog, other than the ref wearing black and the home team being in navy!

What a game. Could have ended 7-8!  Away team raced into a 2 goal lead and then missed a great chance to increase their lead. Home team scored 2 quicks goals to get right back in it and then scored with a penalty to go into the break 3-2 up.

Drumchapel missed two absolute sitters early on but eventually got their equaliser before their keeper pulled off an excellent save from point blank range to keep them in it.

Great entertainment for the neutral. Both teams left the field disappointed with their point, judging by their reactions .

Ref getting it from both sides but his errors seemed to even themselves out and were far outweighed by the errors by both teams!

Edited by bc57
Typo

22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
39 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:
20211218_133120.thumb.jpg.1033f231b68e54107b0ddd5e05e57fb5.jpg

Definitely looks a bit clearer than Petershill Park did tbf. My own opinion as soon as I got to the ground was that it was going to be off. You couldn't really see the far touchline from the stand side and the ref's opinion was that he would not have been able to judge things like offside properly due to the reduced visibilty.

And yet the Ashfield game went ahead. Very much looks like the right decision was made from your photo