WOSFL Conference C 2021-2022

Latest game at Petershill v E.K wasteful visitors in the 1st half, one clear cut and several going high and wide. Peasy had crosses with no one on the end of them. Clear pen 10 E.K appealing for offside after a deflection sets the player clear to shoot home 20. Late consolation 21 margin of victory could have been bigger, final ball poor on occasions. No Pie &No Bovril, covid related I guess.

Last game of the week : Ardrossan 2 Drumchapel 3 just like last week, Rovers got caught at the death after looking like getting a point. Drumchapel had players who had/could play at a higher level but were made to work hard by the constant harassment from the home side. Unlucky for the o.g defender couldn't do much about it, but time and again 'Chapel had free headers inside the box, always a threat. Really decent game, and a good ground and set up.

Latest game at Petershill v E.K wasteful visitors in the 1st half, one clear cut and several going high and wide. Peasy had crosses with no one on the end of them. Clear pen 10 E.K appealing for offside after a deflection sets the player clear to shoot home 20. Late consolation 21 margin of victory could have been bigger, final ball poor on occasions. No Pie &No Bovril, covid related I guess.
It was Covid related. The catering at Petershill is run by the family of St. Roch's manager Paul Kelly who is pretty poorly at the moment, think they've enough on their plates at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Neilston lose 2-1 at home to St Rochs today. Very little between the teams but overall felt result was fair.  Home side ran out of ideas 2nd half.

Neilston equaliser and St Rochs winners were both excellent goals.

Very competitive game without every getting out of hand

Pitch was in amazing condition, considering the weather recently and barely cut up at all.

Shout out to the Ants groundstaff, that's twice we've played there in a fortnight when it has been raining heavily and the pitch has been in great nick.

Peasy scored 3 goals in about 2 and a half minutes on the quarter hour mark which just about killed the game. Ants got one back right on half time to keep themselves in it, but we saw out the 3-1.

Wishaw (aka Lanark Old Boys) 3 Lanark 3

We deserved our point, albeit we equalised in 87th minute following a keeper blunder. We've been overdue a wee break like that. Our very thin squad ( numbers, not waistlines) is being stretched.  Captain Cammy Lawson coming off ill after 20 mins was a blow but the lads responded well to the subsequent reshuffle.

League table doesn't make for pretty reading.

Dogged display by Lanark today.  All square until 2nd half. We spurned a few good chances during the game but their keeper never had a save to make all game, unlike ours who was on top form.

Better team won but we gave a reasonable account of ourselves.

Edited by bc57
Typo

I understand that our (temporary) management team have stepped aside to be replaced by some lads coming in from Blantyre.

I'd like to thank Colin, Spike and Craig for all their efforts. Great lads and we've had some good times.

Unfortunately Chucky Watt is out for the remainder of the season, which is a huge blow to us.

32 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Dogged display v Lanark today.  All square until 2nd half. We spurned a few good chances during the game but their keeper never had a save to make all game, unlike ours who was on top form.

Better team won but we gave a reasonable account of ourselves.

Guessing you’re a Lanark fan and meant v St Rochs! Thought your lot was decent today, nice wee ground too, good pie, enjoyed my day. Who was your number 4? And also the other centre half who started next to him? They were cracking, surprised you are bottom with a centre half pair like that but then again you didn’t really open up much until the last five or ten minutes. Number ten looked like he could create something but he was totally isolated. 

The Candy definitely weren’t great today but got the job done, really struggled to break Lanark down.

You got any attendance figures for the game? Thought it was a decent wee crowd, Lanark had a good home support and St Rochs had a good travelling support as per. Don’t think Lanark realised how many fans were there because the pies etc ran out quite quick haha

edit: touch of class with this btw! 

Edited by candycelt

8 hours ago, candycelt said:

Guessing you’re a Lanark fan and meant v St Rochs! Thought your lot was decent today, nice wee ground too, good pie, enjoyed my day. Who was your number 4? And also the other centre half who started next to him? They were cracking, surprised you are bottom with a centre half pair like that but then again you didn’t really open up much until the last five or ten minutes. Number ten looked like he could create something but he was totally isolated. 

The Candy definitely weren’t great today but got the job done, really struggled to break Lanark down.

You got any attendance figures for the game? Thought it was a decent wee crowd, Lanark had a good home support and St Rochs had a good travelling support as per. Don’t think Lanark realised how many fans were there because the pies etc ran out quite quick haha

edit: touch of class with this btw! 

Meant to say by Lanark!

Our main striker, Chucky Watt was missed as he is a handful and makes a difference. His knee went on him at work this week and it looks like he is out for the season. We set up different tactically yesterday to prevent being over run, which largely worked.  We have some good individuals but we don't have legs in midfield.  The centre back pairing is good but that was only Dom's 2nd game this season (number 4). Cammy Lawson,  our captain, has been excellent all season, otherwise we'd have lost even more goals.

I don't know the crowd. We always get a reasonable home support and are always well represented at away games.

My son and I went to Neilston to watch your game and knew we were in for a test. I like your big centre half. Very competitive team.  Good luck for the rest of the season