WOSFL Conference B 2021-2022

• 4 weeks later...

Paul Davies & Craig Gupwell resign as Newmains United co-managers

NEWMAINS UNITED co-managers Paul Davies and Craig Gupwell have tonight tendered their resignations.

The club has, reluctantly, accepted their desire to stand down.

Davies and Gupwell teamed up to take charge after the original Newmains United merged with amateur outfit Carluke FC three years ago.

In each of their seasons at the helm they steered the side to a higher position than was achieved in the previous decade.

The pair will remain at the club in the short-term to assist the committee during the transitional period.

Davies said: “It has been an absolute honour to manage Newmains United. Being part of a project to revamp a struggling club has been amazing.

“The journey has brought some great memories.  

“Achieving continual growth and improving the club’s league position year after year has been hard but it has been a privilege to work with the players we have brought in along the way.

“We will step aside and continue to work with the club to make sure it is left in safe hands.”

Gupwell said: “After being thrust into taking the job at a young age my eyes were opened as to the work and effort that goes into keeping a club going.

“It’s been a difficult job at times but the fact there have been massive steps taken off the park and steady signs of improvement on the park over the three years has made every minute worth it.

“We spoke after the game against Kello and feel as a management and coaching team it is the right time to step away from managing Newmains.

“We hope our time in football isn’t over and will remain at the club to ensure it is looked after going forwards.”

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.c5a80609da70f1ebf5290d03c90542f6.png

image.png.d2a57aedc35ab08bcd1a781a76b0ceea.png

Hadn’t seen Dalry’s league position before but I can’t say I am surprised, they are really quite poor. St Rochs battered them today. Was talking to a boy in the toilets and he said its a rebuild job at Dalry, mostly young boys playing. Their number 3 was amazing though. 

on the flip side, seen Cambuslang Rangers once this season and they look fucking brilliant.

17 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The lad Williamson that Queen's Park have signed - are we talking good or shit hot?

He's been brilliant for Cambuslang this season,  great composure , great awareness & knows where the goal is (obviously).

It's a step up for him , but I'm certain he'll do well at QP..

17 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Cheers; we've done well with centre forwards from the juniors (am I still allowed to say juniors?). Anyway, we're looking forward to seeing him bang them in for us. I'm always of the view that scoring is a pretty natural thing.

Yeah , I'm hoping he does well at QP. He banged in another couple of goals at the weekend there. Top notch finishing again.

• 2 weeks later...