WOSFL Conference A 2021-2022

On 20/04/2022 at 21:56, Arthurlie1981 said:

What a strange game it was. Firstly credit to Maybole who worked hard and with the experience of Mick McCann & McChesney in the team worked hard to upset Arthurlie and it worked in the first half as they deservedly went in 2-0 up. Arthurlie came out and made changes early in the second half and it worked at Leyden, Ralston & Simeon turned the game on its head and clinch the title. 

special mention to the referee who allowed Ally Semple to kick Healy after he already had the ball in his hands. He also missed a good shout for a Maybole pen in the first half then gave the softest penalty at the end which thankfully Scott saved. Ross Birrell is going to go far!! 

Good summary, Arthurlie were poor in the first half - just couldn't get going - but upped the pace in the 2nd half and got the job done.  Thought MacNeil was excellent. 

Thought the referee lost the plot in the last 30 minutes or so and the penalty was not just soft, it wasn't even a foul.   He also missed their keeper kicking an Arthurlie player, then sent off one of the coaching staff for complaining.  

There was quite a good crowd last night, with a lot of folk there I know who are not regulars, including me.  

Saw the championship flag flying today when I passed the ground, so a big well done from me to all concerned for such a successful season, and fingers crossed they complete the season undefeated. 

Now I just have to worry about Kilmarnock tomorrow night. 

Catch up soon. 

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Will be heading along to Arthurlie v Bellshill on Wednesday night. Not been to Dunterlie in a few years, so looking forward to it, are the pies still as good? I see it's down for a 6.30 kick off despite the rest of the games that night kicking off at 7. Is this right?

Yeah thinks it because of lighting issues 

5 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Will be heading along to Arthurlie v Bellshill on Wednesday night. Not been to Dunterlie in a few years, so looking forward to it, are the pies still as good? I see it's down for a 6.30 kick off despite the rest of the games that night kicking off at 7. Is this right?

Pies are magic mate. Highly recommend the steak pie.

Great to see Johnstone tie up Div 1 football for next season. After a rough start to the season Jamie has really got them going and pulled off some great results. Not sure if Muirkirk were off the boil as it was a dead rubber for them, but Johnstone absolutely ran over the top of them for large spells. 

Couple of Muirkirk players lucky to see the game out with heavy tackles and one Johnstone player being kicked in the head whilst on the ground.

Arthurlie are not 1 game away from league invincibility, What a season we have had didn't expect this is start of the season, what a journey it has been and hopefully it is just the beginning 
One of only two clubs in Scotland on course for an unbeaten league season. The other is Banks O' Dee for those curious who have two games left.

Great result from the Burgh on Saturday, not only to seal promotion but to get the GD up enough to finish above Whitletts in third.  Real momentum behind the club now and the first division should be good fun next season. 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Great result from the Burgh on Saturday, not only to seal promotion but to get the GD up enough to finish above Whitletts in third.  Real momentum behind the club now and the first division should be good fun next season. 

Great to see Burgh getting there. They had a brilliant end to their season. 

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

Congratulations to Arthurlie for completing the league undefeated - a fantastic achievement irrespective of what league you play in. 

Agree with that. An unbelievable achievement in the history of the club and which I doubt will be matched in my lifetime. 

So much credit to the players, management & committee to get us back where we belong in such a great way!!

26 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Agree with that. An unbelievable achievement in the history of the club and which I doubt will be matched in my lifetime. 

So much credit to the players, management & committee to get us back where we belong in such a great way!!

A cracking club with a great ground and a loyal support. Well done. 

28 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Agree with this.  It's a great day for people like you who follow the club everywhere and put so much into the club.   Hopefully you were there.

I'll probably get to more games next season at Dunterlie as i'll probably not go to as many away games with Killie due to the costs and there is the 6 (?) week break for the World Cup.