WOSFL Conference A 2021-2022

10 hours ago, archieb said:

Forth Wanderers also qualified for Div2, surely?

Yes, and also Maybole. They are unable to beat Renfrew's PPG from Conference B if it turns out 5th qualifies for the First Division, though Craigmark could still beat it if they get to 57 points. Glasgow Uni are qualified as well since they will be the best 10th place. 

Edited by Ginaro

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Yes, and also Maybole. Neither are able to beat Renfrew's PPG from Conference B if it turns out 5th qualifies for the First Division, though Craigmark could still beat it if they get to 57 points. Glasgow Uni are qualified as well since they will be the best 10th place. 

Maybole's finishing position is not confirmed. They can still finish in 4th to claim a place in Division 1.

1 hour ago, Kennie said:

Maybole's finishing position is not confirmed. They can still finish in 4th to claim a place in Division 1.

D'oh of course. :oops Though it probably will be once when Arthurlie play them next week.

8 hours ago, Kennie said:

Steady, no chance Burgh are losing at home to Muirkirk on the 30th ;)

On 10/04/2022 at 10:04, Satori. said:

Shotts bottle has well and truly crashed.  We played poorly against Burgh and scraped a draw, Shotts were beaten by them. We weren't in sparkling form against Whitletts yesterday but took full points from a very difficult game. 

Arthurlie have been relentless this season, the only game I feel they let themselves down was against Rob Roy as we didn't play anywhere near our real form. That isn't a complaint as most of us placed more importance on the league. 

The management, committee and players have worked extremely hard for this and it's going to be a massive relief when we finally get over the line.

Not so sure about the bottle crashed comment but I think the fact that Shotts lost both matches  to Arthurlie and the fact that as a testament to them they were that relentless in their challenge for winning the league that more less always made it more difficult to overcome and fair play to them for doing so and congratulations to all when it is finally confirmed 

16 hours ago, timeforchange said:

Not so sure about the bottle crashed comment but I think the fact that Shotts lost both matches  to Arthurlie and the fact that as a testament to them they were that relentless in their challenge for winning the league that more less always made it more difficult to overcome and fair play to them for doing so and congratulations to all when it is finally confirmed 

Up until 6 games ago Shotts had lost 3 games in the league . Since then they have lost 3 out of their last 6.  Possibly a wee bit harsh to say their bottle had crashed. Lets just say they ran out of steam.   It must have been difficult for them winning so many games and not making any inroads in to Arthurlie's lead.  

Big Game In Conference A with arthurlie playing maybole with both teams playing for something with arthurlie only needing 2 point to mathematically win the league title and maybole looking to give them all the chance of a top 4 finish with a win today should be a cracker 

What a strange game it was. Firstly credit to Maybole who worked hard and with the experience of Mick McCann & McChesney in the team worked hard to upset Arthurlie and it worked in the first half as they deservedly went in 2-0 up. Arthurlie came out and made changes early in the second half and it worked at Leyden, Ralston & Simeon  turned the game on its head and clinch the title. 

special mention to the referee who allowed Ally Semple to kick Healy after he already had the ball in his hands. He also missed a good shout for a Maybole pen in the first half then gave the softest penalty at the end which thankfully Scott saved. Ross Birrell is going to go far!! 

Edited by Arthurlie1981

54 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

special mention to the referee who allowed Ally Semple to kick Healy after he already had the ball in his hands. He also missed a good shout for a Maybole pen in the first half then gave the softest penalty at the end which thankfully Scott saved. Ross Birrell is going to go far!! 

Looked like a knee straight to the baws from where I was standing. Ref seemed utterly perplexed as to why everyone was kicking off after it. Don't think he has the best game, missed a fair amount for both sides. 

Credit to Arthurlie, they looked so nervous in the first half. Showed a ton of character to come back out and turn the game on its head. Was thinking they were maybe a little jaded after the hard fought Rossvale game on saturday with how they started.

Am I correct in thinking with the result tonight Johnstone are as good as set for Div 1? 

2 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Looked like a knee straight to the baws from where I was standing. Ref seemed utterly perplexed as to why everyone was kicking off after it. Don't think he has the best game, missed a fair amount for both sides. 

Credit to Arthurlie, they looked so nervous in the first half. Showed a ton of character to come back out and turn the game on its head. Was thinking they were maybe a little jaded after the hard fought Rossvale game on saturday with how they started.

Am I correct in thinking with the result tonight Johnstone are as good as set for Div 1? 

Think they still need a point with their current goal difference being 11 sharada and both them a craigmark have a game remaining. The team that finishes below the other has to look at the other leagues I think. 

12 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

If Craigmark win (by less than 11) on Saturday, Johnstone will need a point. Whoever finishes 5th here won't have enough points to beat Renfrew on PPG in Conference B, if the WOS champions get promoted.

Next seasons top league is already shaping up to be a cracker. Arthurlie back where they belong IMO.

A huge club steeped in history and well done to everyone involved at the club.

Best of luck next season apart from when you visit Somervell as the Lang are my local club.

11 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

What a strange game it was. Firstly credit to Maybole who worked hard and with the experience of Mick McCann & McChesney in the team worked hard to upset Arthurlie and it worked in the first half as they deservedly went in 2-0 up. Arthurlie came out and made changes early in the second half and it worked at Leyden, Ralston & Simeon  turned the game on its head and clinch the title. 

Amazing game really enjoyed it. Thought it was a stonewaller for Maybole in the first half, but as you say the one they got was as soft as you'll ever see. There was a tackle near the end infront of the Maybole bench that looked a stick on red card where I was but the player only got booked.

Thought number 11 was impressive for Arthurlie showed some great touches.