WOSFL Conference A 2021-2022

23 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Massive 3 points for Arthurlie today over Shotts. Puts us 2 points behind with 3 games in hand.  Good crowd too, looked like around 600. 

Hearing that it was all the referee’s fault from the Shotts Facebook page, I’ll take that with a pinch of salt though! Seems to be the usual reaction to a defeat from them…

I was at Craighead, not as one sided as the scoreline suggests but Gow were the better team and a lot more clinical. Bellshill showed signs of being decent but got shown up by the more experienced team at this level

45 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Hearing that it was all the referee’s fault from the Shotts Facebook page, I’ll take that with a pinch of salt though! Seems to be the usual reaction to a defeat from them…

I was at Craighead, not as one sided as the scoreline suggests but Gow were the better team and a lot more clinical. Bellshill showed signs of being decent but got shown up by the more experienced team at this level

To be fair I think the referee was poor for both sides. He missed 2 penalties for Arthurlie before awarding the 3rd shout which I thought was soft.  It was good to have a really atmosphere back at Dunterlie. Hope it can continue. 

2 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

To be fair I think the referee was poor for both sides. He missed 2 penalties for Arthurlie before awarding the 3rd shout which I thought was soft.  It was good to have a really atmosphere back at Dunterlie. Hope it can continue. 

Arthurlie had more of the chances and probably deserved the win overall to be fair but the decision to award the penalty that he gave was never a penalty although to be fair there was a defo penalty before this that the ref never gave and that probably made his mind up to give that one which was defo wrong. Ref made poor decisions for both sides but prob didn’t influence the overall result 

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

Usual reaction ? Not sure where that comes from. Penalty given today was never a penalty and if the facts are correct I believe it is the 9 th or 10 th penalty that that player has got his team awarded this season. Before somebody jumps on the bandwagon I’m not saying the player dives or goes down easily as it is the referee who gives the decision. Arthurlie could have a penalty awarded before the one they did get but some you get and some you don’t. Overall Arthurlie deserved their so no usual reaction from us 

8 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Some comments on Twitter about the Maryhill game - 10 minutes after the first tweet it was called off, apparently they had youth games on it in the morning...

Yep - not even going to attempt to defend the indefensible decision to take bookings in the morning given even a cursory glance at the weather forecast would have shown that it was a bad idea. Shortsighted too as any money made - and more - was swallowed by the actual game in the afternoon being cancelled.

I only found out about what had gone on after two hours fighting my way to the park through COP26, so safe to say I wasn't best pleased either.

14 hours ago, timeforchange said:

Usual reaction ? Not sure where that comes from. Penalty given today was never a penalty and if the facts are correct I believe it is the 9 th or 10 th penalty that that player has got his team awarded this season. Before somebody jumps on the bandwagon I’m not saying the player dives or goes down easily as it is the referee who gives the decision. Arthurlie could have a penalty awarded before the one they did get but some you get and some you don’t. Overall Arthurlie deserved their so no usual reaction from us 

Firstly I don’t think it’s the 9th or 10th time? secondly if your not insinuating that he dives then why mention it? And lastly have you been at every game he has won a penalty this season. I thought it was soft but speaking to people behind the goal after the game they all thought the defender fouled him. 

What wasn’t called for was your 5 trying to dig up the penalty spot. That was totally uncalled for and then when going head to head with our striker running away to try and avoid a yellow card (along with making gestures to the crowd). 

The referee was poor yesterday and as you say he didn’t impact the final result. 

3 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Firstly I don’t think it’s the 9th or 10th time? secondly if your not insinuating that he dives then why mention it? And lastly have you been at every game he has won a penalty this season. I thought it was soft but speaking to people behind the goal after the game they all thought the defender fouled him. 

What wasn’t called for was your 5 trying to dig up the penalty spot. That was totally uncalled for and then when going head to head with our striker running away to try and avoid a yellow card (along with making gestures to the crowd). 

The referee was poor yesterday and as you say he didn’t impact the final result. 

To be fair the poor ref needed eyes in the back of his head. He needed assistants out there with him. As you have said he didn't impact on the result. Arthurlie deserved the win.  Shotts didn't have enough in their locker to upset their closest rivals.  If the Lie can win their games in hand I can't see anyone catching them.  

Was at Arthurlie on Saturday with a couple of mates as I didn't fancy driving down to Ayr or over to Maryhill in the weather. The penalty was probably on the soft side (was watching from under cover on the side terrace) but the ref absolutely missed a stonewaller not long before it where the keeper wiped out the Arthurlie forward. He was having a bit of a mare for both sides, missed a number of offsides and gave a couple that weren't. Agree he needed proper assistants out there as there was alot going on out of view from both sides.

Have seen Arthurlie twice now (including Johnstone taking a shoeing earlier in the season) and they look a class above everyone else in the league, they do so many little "extras" and look very well drilled. Can't see anyone catching them if they win those two in hand, having seen most of the league now. The table clearly isn't lying about either side though as you could see the difference in quality v the rest of the league, no doubt will both continue to pull away from 3rd. 

• 2 weeks later...