WOSFL Division Four 2021-2022

12 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Congratulations to Finnart on their title win but doesn't say much for the standard of the division when an average amateur team comes in and wins it first season.

You do realise that it's Tier 10, yes ? And all of the teams in it are new to the WoSFL, all but one of them coming from the amateurs ?

12 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Congratulations to Finnart on their title win but doesn't say much for the standard of the division when an average amateur team comes in and wins it first season.

Depends on your point of view I suppose. Finnart were bouncing between the Caley Premier and divisions below. 

Glasgow University were a decent Caley Premier side. Decent chance of a division between next season. Which is about where they're meant to be based on amateur form. 

3 hours ago, Burnieman said:

What's happening with this division next season?  Harthill's ground should tick the boxes of the WoS to become proper full members, so will they move up to tier 9 (Third Division)?

If there are insufficient clubs left to retain a 4th Division, all remaining Div4 clubs will join Div3 but be barred from promotion if they don't qualify for full membership.

3 hours ago, archieb said:

If there are insufficient clubs left to retain a 4th Division, all remaining Div4 clubs will join Div3 but be barred from promotion if they don't qualify for full membership.

Really can't see the point in that. There's an amateur football association.

21 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Really can't see the point in that. There's an amateur football association.

The point is, the Div4 clubs were allowed TWO seasons to bring their grounds up to WoSFL entry standard and gain full membership.

If they haven't done that by the end of 2022-3 then presumably they'll need to fall back into the ammies.

43 minutes ago, archieb said:

The point is, the Div4 clubs were allowed TWO seasons to bring their grounds up to WoSFL entry standard and gain full membership.

If they haven't done that by the end of 2022-3 then presumably they'll need to fall back into the ammies.

Fair enough then. Wasn’t aware of that. Excuse my ignorance.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Fair enough then. Wasn’t aware of that. Excuse my ignorance.

From the league entry criteria (section 26):

The Office Bearers/Board may, entirely at their
discretion, offer any applicant a pre-defined period of
grace to meet any of the above criteria should they so
decide

I'd assume the grace period is on the condition of the applicant club being able to demonstrate a viable plan to get up to scratch.

Edited by GNU_Linux

Paul McTaggart stepping down as St Peter's manager

St Peter’s boss Paul McTaggart admits he’s gutted to say goodbye to his boyhood club.

But he insists he’ll always be proud to have been the Paisley club’s first ever manager at senior level.

McTaggart has led the Glenburn-based side through their first campaign since joining the West of Scotland Football League (WoSFL) set-up, building a squad from scratch and guiding them to currently sit in third place in Division 4.

Having been involved with the club since its creation in 1984, McTaggart was already planning to move into the chairman’s role this summer with St Peter’s under-20’s boss John Dalziel taking his place in the dugout.

But due to a disagreement behind the scenes, McTaggart will now be stepping away from the club entirely after they ended their campaign with a disappointing home defeat to BSC Glasgow.

McTaggart told Express Sport: “This club means everything to me.

“I was with the first team all the way back in 1984 and I’m gutted beyond belief to be stepping away now.

“I need to stay true to myself though and it’s time for me and the club to move on.

“The club needs to continue to progress and I’m sure it will do. I want the club to go on and be successful

“I’ve known John since we were kids and he’s a good friend and coach who’s been at the club for a number of years as well. He’s taking on a great bunch of boys and I’m sure he’ll do a great job.

“I absolutely loved my time with the club and I wouldn’t change a minute of it, other than the ending.

“It was a proud moment for me to be the club’s first manager since joining the seniors and that will stay with me forever.

“St Peter’s is my team at the end of the day and I’ll still support them no matter where I am.”

McTaggart thanked his backroom staff of Mark Ferguson, Eric Taylor and Ryan McWilliams, as well as assistants at the start of the season Paul Gordon and Gavin Pick, for their support during an eventful first season in the WoSFL.

He also paid tribute to the club’s under-20’s who came up through the ranks to shine for the Paisley club against much more experienced opposition.

McTaggart said: “The players absolutely did themselves proud this season. We were hoping to challenge for the title, but to get to where we have in the league is still a great achievement.

“I’m so proud of every single one of them, especially the young boys who came up from the under-20’s and did so well for us.

“Jamie Menzies, Taylor Fadian, Sean Fitzpatrick, Kyle Dalziel, Luke Gillies and Riaghan McCarthy all came in and were exceptional.

“Getting to play at this level, against the likes of Craigmark and Renfrew, was a huge learning curve for the players and myself.

“We had a great seven game unbeaten run that got us back in contention in the league.

“We managed to win four out of four of the Paisley derbies against Glenvale as well.

“It’s great to have two teams in Paisley going forward and I wish Glenvale all the best too going forward.

Edited by GNU_Linux

On 17/03/2022 at 15:59, glensmad said:

You do realise that it's Tier 10, yes ? And all of the teams in it are new to the WoSFL, all but one of them coming from the amateurs ?

Is there any likelihood that there will be an official statement about applications to join the league (if there are any or not) prior to the distribution of the agenda for the AGM?

Is Harthill moving up to a Division which I thought was to come to a halt next season and replaced with Divisions 1, 2 and 3.

Or is this a youth team they're talking about and not the WoS team? Anyone know?

Harthill Royal: "as we progress into Division C in 2022/2023"

Ben McAlorum 🙌🏻⚽️ coming back for another Season at Harthill as we progress into Division C in 2022/2023

Edited by Dev

5 hours ago, Dev said:

Is Harthill moving up to a Division which I thought was to come to a halt next season and replaced with Divisions 1, 2 and 3.

Or is this a youth team their talking about and not the WoS team? Anyone know?

Harthill Royal: "as we progress into Division C in 2022/2023"

Probably got a bit confused thinking the divisions are going to be A, B, C and what they actually mean is the Third Division. Their ground was fine for the Juniors so you would expect them to be accepted as a full WOS member for next season.

Good to see Campbeltown Pupils finish with a win on their debut season in the pyramid.

They have a 16 year old striker who's came up through their youth set up & taken his chance in recent weeks with goals. The kid has huge potential & bags of talent.