BSC Glasgow
Campbeltown Pupils
Finnart
Glenvale
Harmony Row
Harthill Royal
Kilsyth Athletic
St. Peters

Opening round of fixtures is as follows with Kilsyth Athletic making their senior bow with a great day oot:

Glenvale vs Harmony Row
BSC Glasgow vs St. Peters
Campbeltown Pupils vs Kilsyth Athletic
Harhill Royal vs Finnart

Probably the hardest of the divisions to predict.

Finnart vs Glenvale originally penciled in for Wednesday 21st has been moved to the 19th with a change of venue to Glasgow United's Greenfield Park.

Edited by GNU_Linux

I suppose they don't move players etc until the ambulance arrives, which can be ages, and maybe rightly so but I dislocated my shoulder at home* and eventually persuaded my dad to drive me to the hospital (after self medicating with single malt and paracetamol to kill the pain)

*Tripped over the cat. Yes, really!

On 15/07/2021 at 15:08, GNU_Linux said:

Finnart vs Glenvale originally penciled in for Wednesday 21st has been moved to the 19th with a change of venue to Glasgow United's Greenfield Park.

Not a huge fan of the neutral venue aspect but tempted to pop along out of intrigue.

Took in the BSC v St Peter's game earlier today (technically yesterday now).

20 minutes ago, Honestman1954 said:

So whats the plans for division 4 from next season?  With the Premier division casting off 4 teams, does that mean that Division 4 will take excess clubs from above plus any new applicants?

From what's been said all the clubs have the chance to make Division 3 if they can meet the entry criteria and become full members.

What happens after that depends on how many are succesful and future applicants.

51 minutes ago, Honestman1954 said:

So whats the plans for division 4 from next season?  With the Premier division casting off 4 teams, does that mean that Division 4 will take excess clubs from above plus any new applicants?

No teams can be relegated into Division 4.

1 hour ago, Honestman1954 said:

If they meet the requirements they will join the new west of scotland league 2 as of 2022-2023 

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
4 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:
If they meet the requirements they will join the new west of scotland league 2 as of 2022-2023 

WoSFL Division 3.

Oh Right. So It's going to be WoSFL: Premier Division, Division 1, Division 2, Division 3 (and if necessary Division 4).

Could you please provide a link for the decision not to call the second league "championship" in the new system, and how the leagues will be made up next season in terms of conference finishing places, etc?

2 hours ago, glensmad said:
4 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

WoSFL Division 3.

that was league i meant to use to the old junior premership championship league 1 league 2

Oh Right. So It's going to be WoSFL: Premier Division, Division 1, Division 2, Division 3 (and if necessary Division 4).
Could you please provide a link for the decision not to call the second league "championship" in the new system, and how the leagues will be made up next season in terms of conference finishing places, etc?
I'm not sure if there is a link, but that's what the clubs voted to call the leagues back at the formation over a year ago.

2022-23 season :-
Premier Division will consist of the top 13 in this season's Premier + the three Conference winners.
Division One will be the bottom 7 in this year's Premier + 2nd, 3rd & 4th in each Conference.
Division Two will be 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th in each Conference + the 10th placed team with the best record.
All remaining teams into Division Three.

I think. [emoji6]

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm not sure if there is a link, but that's what the clubs voted to call the leagues back at the formation over a year ago.

2022-23 season :-
Premier Division will consist of the top 13 in this season's Premier + the three Conference winners.
Division One will be the bottom 7 in this year's Premier + 2nd, 3rd & 4th in each Conference.
Division Two will be 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th in each Conference + the 10th placed team with the best record.
All remaining teams into Division Three.

I think. emoji6.png

It would be good if whoever does the website to put up a wee FAQ article on how things will play out. Since i'm sure there will be plenty of questions over how the Conferences are going to work now that the football is back.

6 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

What happens if only 3 or 4 meets the criteria for division 3, and the others don’t? We going to have a division 4. of 4 or 5 clubs?
Obviously thats only if no new clubs apply for next season 

Still depends on a lot of variables. This was the latest sort of thinking from one of those on the WoSFL committee. Nothing set in stone but it's been openly discussed so everyone involved should understand what's possible.

On 26/05/2021 at 22:06, parkcircus said:

I think Div 3 might split at 22+ teams into 2 conferences and then form a proper Div 4 the following year.

Div 5 (club dev) should be folded by then and new clubs applying with full criteria from 2023 

If say 6 of the 9 clubs pass the AGM and there’s not enough new clubs then they’d have to go amateur or take some time out until they have a fit ground. We’ve previously said we won’t allow ground sharing clubs to get a criteria, maybe that would change but I doubt it.

Just my opinion, I missed the last board meeting night.

Will hopefully all be resolved over the next few seasons

It would be good if whoever does the website to put up a wee FAQ article on how things will play out. Since i'm sure there will be plenty of questions over how the Conferences are going to work now that the football is back.
There are plans to do that but currently struggling with a bout of covid, hence why behind on some stuff