Aberdeenshire Cup 2021-22

HibeeJibee

Aberdeen+Brechin+Cove+Peterhead not participating.

https://www.huntlyfc.co.uk/index.php/news/league-cup-news/2706-evening-express-aberdeenshire-cup-draw-2021-22

First Round - Tue/Wed 27th/28th Jul
Banks o'Dee v Keith
Buckie Thistle v Formartine United
Dyce v Hermes
Turriff United v Inverurie Loco Works

Second Round - tbc Aug
(a) Banks o'Dee/Keith v Turriff United/Inverurie Loco Works
(b) Buckie Thistle/Formartine United v Huntly
(c) Deveronvale v Dyce/Hermes
(d) Fraserburgh v Aberdeen University

Semi-Finals - Tue 31st Aug/Wed 1st Sep
(b) v (c)
(d) v (a)

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, Handy_Shandy said:

Brechin are in the Forfarshire FA, not sure if the Forfarshire Cup is still going or not though.

Last completed edition was 2014-15 (Forfar won Final at Arbroath held-over to September 2015).

Last tie played was in R1 of 2015-16 edition (Brechin 0-5 Dundee Utd held-over to Saturday 9th July 2016).

So nothing for half a decade now.

However that needn't have been a barrier anyway. Kelty / Dundonald, Hill of Beath, Burntisland play in both EOS Cup / EOS Qualifying Cup plus Fife Cup.

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Neither are Buckie+Keith.

Buckie, Keith (and Deveronvale) are clubs historically in Banffshire, now split between Moray and Aberdeenshire council areas. Banffshire clubs are historically Aberdeenshire & District FA members, whereas those in Moray and the historical counties now in the Highland council area are North of Scotland FA.

Edited by Cyclizine

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

20/21 Final to be played 28th August 8pm at Harlaw Park, Inverurie. Formartine v Fraserburgh, or the other way around.

It's bad enough clowns can't discipline yourselves on threads on Fitba North, but now you're doing it on here? 

Sakes. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

It's bad enough clowns can't discipline yourselves on threads on Fitba North, but now you're doing it on here? 

Sakes. 

This ain't your toy now Mr Jimmy Shaker FN Admin Team (LFC). Too many threads clutter the place up and it's harder to find what you're looking for, approximations will do.

• 2 months later...

2021-22 Final played last night, Friday 1st October at Harlaw Park, Inverurie.

Formartine Utd 1-4 Banks o' Dee

As the FitbaNorth twitter pointed out, first time a non-Highland League club (or Aberdeen) have won the cup for just over a century, when Aberdeen University lifted it in 1920-21.

Edited by Cyclizine

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, sfha said:

I've compiled a near complete record of the competition from 1887 to 2000 and 2016 to date, although the 1950s and early 1960s still need some work.

I have the results of the 2000-2016 period to hand and intend to add these over the next few weeks.

http://sfha.org.uk/aberdeenshirecup.htm

Great work. I will certainly use that to look up games I attended.

The actual Aberdeenshire Cup trophy is something else. Must be worth a fortune.

17 hours ago, Strathman said:

Great work. I will certainly use that to look up games I attended.

The actual Aberdeenshire Cup trophy is something else. Must be worth a fortune.

The trophy is magnificent. It actually replaced the original in 1890 1889, which was awarded to the original Aberdeen FC after their third second triumph, but I don't know if the current club still has it.

Edited by sfha

I had a quick response from Chris Gavin at AFC Heritage Trust to my query about the original trophy.

Apparently it was awarded at the clubs sports days for many years but its location is now a mystery.

Chris also mentioned that Aberdeen were awarded to trophy outright after their SECOND win in 1889. Unusual but maybe the ADFA were not happy with it and decided to pay for a grander trophy which gives the impresion the first cup was probably a modest affair.