Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

1 minute ago, orfc said:

If the italians try any roughhousing we'll just send Tyrone Mings on to stamp on their heads, their tanks will be in tenth reverse gear with the white flags flying soon after!

Shut your puss. See all this pish about the Italians aren't good at war what about the fuckin Romans?  They invaded and occupied your fucking country for hundreds of years mate. So who's not good at war?  Was it you who was conquered and colonised by them or the other way around?  Cause I don't remember England ever invading Italy.

42 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

The way that the English panel laughed at immobile diving last game, I would love him to do it again and win a penalty , see how funny they find it then

I find that most frustrating this of all tbh, it’s not necessary the diving (although I wish it wasn’t happening full stop as it makes a game boring as f**k when it’s stopping all the time) but it’s the two-faced response.

One evening they are laughing at Immobile diving and the next are fully backing Sterling’s (and the rest, they always just call it”clever play”). 

If you stop England getting down the sides and putting balls in the box they have nothing in attack. Denmark were reasonably good at this but Italy excel at this sort of thing so Southgate will have to come up with something else. 

Italy also excel at shithousery, diving, slowing down the game and maintaining possession. 

I think England will lose this final, not based on ability but because Italy have the experience of winning things as a nation. 

6 minutes ago, orfc said:

If the italians try any roughhousing we'll just send Tyrone Mings on to stamp on their heads, their tanks will be in tenth reverse gear with the white flags flying soon after!

I mean over 350 years they occupied England mate. How do you think London is called London? Who do you think gave it that name? It wasn't the fuckin English was it?  And why is Britain even called Britain?

So who isn't good at war, cause I don't remember you invading and occupying their country for over a third of a millenium do you?

If Scotland and a little VAR to stop Sterling from winning thirty penalties a game could keep England out then Italy are certainly capable of it.

Very very important that the English as a species massively pump up the hubris over the next three days. We want them going into it thinking it's their destiny, that Satan himself has blessed them. Then for Chiellini to hack Grealish's legs entirely off.

I mean Italy can't do war, can you imagine the stupidity of that statement? They only had the most famous empire in human history and are one of the most successful imperialists of all time no biggie like. Coming from a country that was actually conquered, colonised and subjugateed by Italy for literally hundreds of years like. But they're shite at war eh?  

11 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Shut your puss. See all this pish about the Italians aren't good at war what about the fuckin Romans?  They invaded and occupied your fucking country for hundreds of years mate. So who's not good at war?  Was it you who was conquered and colonised by them or the other way around?  Cause I don't remember England ever invading Italy.

Italy didn't exist as a proper country till the 19th century, and we invaded Sicily in 1943 🙂

2 hours ago, DMCs said:

In terms of full back and winger depth England have the advantage for sure. Who can Italy bring on? Toloi, Berardi and Bernandeschi? That's much less than one of Trippier and James or one of Grealish, Foden and Sancho.

Full backs for sure, now Spinazzola is out.

Grealish is a standout for a mid table EPL side, while Bernandeschi has over 100 games for Juventus and multiple Serie A titles. Berardi is around the same age as Grealish and has a 1 in 3 record for Italy.

I'd have both over Grealish or Foden, who isn't a winger. Sancho doesn't suit games where his team isn't dominant.

Just now, orfc said:

Italy didn't exist as a proper country till the 19th century, and we invaded Sicily in 1943 🙂

Its still the same people, and no you didn't, the Allies did, not England. Italian people invaded, conquered, subjugated and colonised 
England for 370 years mate. So which one of you is better at war?  I'll give you a wee clue, its the side that won.

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
25 minutes ago, Orbix said:
That graph is stats geek for ‘England dominated the game massively’.  You seem to think they didn’t. 

They had the same number of shots on target and off after 45 minutes and I'm sure it was 4-2 after 90 minutes. From about 75 minutes onwards it was all England. Before that it was fairly even. England had a lot of the ball without creating much tbh.

That’s why the XG ratings are designed to give a better flavour of ‘Denmark had three shots on target the whole game and none from inside the box’ vs England dominating the game.

Every goal England score is exactly the same.  A ball down the channel in behind the full back and a cut back.  How are teams not defending this better?

That’s why the XG ratings are designed to give a better flavour of ‘Denmark had three shots on target the whole game and none from inside the box’ vs England dominating the game.
I think all it shows is that it's a nonsense tbh.

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

Its still the same people, and no you didn't, the Allies did, not England. Italian people invaded, conquered, subjugated and colonised 
England for 370 years mate. So which one of you is better at war?  I'll give you a wee clue, its the side that won.

England didn't exist till 927 AD either 🙂

Free lines honours hurt

Choosey mays till greening

On the war front, wasn't the invasion of Sicily spearheaded by actual Mob members who were doing their patriotic duty in exchange for a little laxity from the authorities when they got home? So it was literally Italians doing the invading.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Full backs for sure, now Spinazzola is out.

Grealish is a standout for a mid table EPL side, while Bernandeschi has over 100 games for Juventus and multiple Serie A titles. Berardi is around the same age as Grealish and has a 1 in 3 record for Italy.

I'd have both over Grealish or Foden, who isn't a winger. Sancho doesn't suit games where his team isn't dominant.

Bernandeschi over Grealish? I'm sorry but that's an absurd shout. I can guarantee you that there isn't a Juventus fan that would agree with you on that.

Edited by DMCs

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

On the war front, wasn't the invasion of Sicily spearheaded by actual Mob members who were doing their patriotic duty in exchange for a little laxity from the authorities when they got home? So it was literally Italians doing the invading.

Lucky Luciano was given early release to help organise the invasion of Sicily with the dock workers etc. It was America that invaded Sicily really.

5 minutes ago, orfc said:

England didn't exist till 927 AD either 🙂

Free lines honours hurt

Choosey mays till greening

You make no point, England the place and people were invaded by what is now Italy. They bent you over and shafted you stupid for hundreds of years. So its a bit rich to now be claiming they can't do war when the facts show they're rather better at it than you. 

Its a pet hate of mine when people come out with this shite. Its just historical ignorance on a breathtaking scale.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

You make no point, England the place and people were invaded by what is now Italy. They bent you over and shafted you stupid for hundreds of years. So its a bit rich to now be claiming they can't do war when the facts show they're rather better at it than you. 

Its a pet hate of mine when people come out with this shite. Its just historical ignorance on a breathtaking scale.

So you're claiming a country that didn't exist for 1900 years gave a country that didn't exist for 900 years a good shoeing around 50AD? That's historically accuracy of a kind I'm not familiar with. Still good to trigger you like an landmine (except an italian one would have gave up and ran off) 🙂

4 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Bernandeschi over Grealish? I'm sorry but that's an absurd shout. I can guarantee you that there isn't a Juventus fan that till agree with you on that.

What the f**k does Grealish offer? At least when Sterling isn't smashing into the backs of players and then somersaulting to the floor he occasionally chips in with a goal from open play.