Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

They're never gonna stop the racism as long as they come out with the shite that it's "a minority" and "they're not real fans". There needs to be a realisation from the decent fans and those in power that it's deeper than that. They've voted in a series of governments that are more and more right wing each time and who have spent the past decade blaming foreigners for everything. Doesn't take a genius to work out that there are a growing number of angry, violent men getting more and more right-wing, more racist and more violent
It is a minority, though. It's a significant minority but it's still a minority.

And I'm not sure there's any evidence that it's growing. Since i can remember, England have had this problem following them around. They're vocal and they're horrible - but not easy to deal with. It takes a huge investment in intelligence and manpower, and it needs to be a long term operation.

The racist issue is slightly different - with a lot of overlap. That's mainly a social media phenomenon, and it'll be a lot of shitebags who wouldn't otherwise say boo to a goose.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It is a minority, though. It's a significant minority but it's still a minority.

And I'm not sure there's any evidence that it's growing. Since i can remember, England have had this problem following them around. They're vocal and they're horrible - but not easy to deal with. It takes a huge investment in intelligence and manpower, and it needs to be a long term operation.

The racist issue is slightly different - with a lot of overlap. That's mainly a social media phenomenon, and it'll be a lot of shitebags who wouldn't otherwise say boo to a goose.

There is no evidence 

Twitter is a sewer on every level 

The media desperately need something to fill their column inches so keep reporting on it

Thing is, absolutely none of the shite that happened over the course of the last couple days is remotely shocking.

It was entirely predictable that England fans would get bevvied up and start fighting amongst themselves. It was entirely predictable fans would try storm into the stadium. And worst of all, it was entirely predictable from the nano second Saka missed his kick that there would be tones of racial abuse online.

It happens too often, and is entirely too predictable, to be reguarly put on the blame of an idiot minority.

Scotland fans are far from perfect, but I genuinely dont think Ive ever seen Scotland fans racially abusing an Adams, Anya, Iwelumo, Quashie, etc. and hopefully never will.

England has a deep seated issue with race that goes way beyond a simple game of football. It harks back to the idea of the commonwealth (what a hilariously ironic name btw) and the white supremecy of lording over african colonies.

Its honestly fucking disgusting to still be speaking about this shite. Most of us are obviously delighted the three missed their pens, but f**k my heart doesnt half go out to them for what they must see every time the look online.

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

Big news story of course is the racist trolling of the penalty misses, quite rightly as it is disgusting, albeit forecast on this thread right after the shoot-out. Then there's the general English thuggery inside the stadium and outside. Trending on social media, coverage on local and national news sites except the BBC. They are awfy quiet about it. Why is that?

Hmmmmmm... I'd spotted that too and I suspect it's simply for the obvious reasons which have been discussed on P&B for years.  Mostly it's the mis-use of the first "B" in the name.

But on the other hand they are providing a rolling repeat of the game on the red button (Freeview 601). I'm losing track of how often I've dropped in for a reminder. The "penalty subs scene" is a particular favourite knowing what was to come.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Mings dishing out the telts

Must admit I'd already developed a soft spot for Mr Mings after his reaction to the amicable wind-up he received from the Scotland support during the post-match interviews.  Doesn't seem like a prima donna. Looks like one of the good guys (I may be wrong...).  Better than the Westminster Government anyway. And far above the racist turds.

3 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

Must admit I'd already developed a soft spot for Mr Mings after his reaction to the amicable wind-up he received from the Scotland support during the post-match interviews.  Doesn't seem like a prima donna. Looks like one of the good guys (I may be wrong...).  Better than the Westminster Government anyway. And far above the racist turds.

Aye, totally agree. Watched a game a few years back where he was on pundit duty. Came across as a really nice, likeable young man who I think has worked his way up from lower leagues, maybe explaining his lack of ego.

Also hates the Tories so, ye know, thumbs up and that.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s fucking unacceptable for Mings to point out the stuff that Patel obviously does, IMO. 

The c***s will be fucking terrified that people like Mings and Rashford calling the Tories out will be swaying voters in certain areas.

Lovely stuff.