Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

Lazy comment. He doesnt represent me or millions of others. Dickheads like Johnson, Hancock, Pitel, Gove et al can GTF. Sat outside pub in London just now. Great to see how multicultural the support is today- loads of  fans  from BAME communities out already wearing England tops. Sat next to a group of Geordies and chatting to them about Clough and Jack Charlton who were original members of Anti-Nazi League back in the 70s.

I totally agree. There are many decent England fans and the current team represents much of the diversity in their country now.
What I can’t stand is all these politicians jumping on the bandwagon to make them look like ‘one of the people’ especially when they were telling fans to boo the team a few weeks ago.
I worry about the political capital some will try and make out of any England win. It would be good if some players took a stand and refused to meet the PM or used any meeting to make a political statement of their own. The whole team taking the knee outside Downing Street would be good to see.

58 minutes ago, Bedford White said:

Lazy comment. He doesnt represent me or millions of others. Dickheads like Johnson, Hancock, Pitel, Gove et al can GTF. Sat outside pub in London just now. Great to see how multicultural the support is today- loads of  fans  from BAME communities out already wearing England tops. Sat next to a group of Geordies and chatting to them about Clough and Jack Charlton who were original members of Anti-Nazi League back in the 70s.

Mon the English! Hope you have a good day mate. I’m away to watch the game with a West Brom supporting pal. We’re all British. 😎 

I’ve got my Argentina top on. Purely in honour of the Argies winning the Copa America earlier today. 😉

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Mon the English! Hope you have a good day mate. I’m away to watch the game with a West Brom supporting pal. We’re all British. 😎 

I’ve got my Argentina top on. Purely in honour of the Argies winning the Copa America earlier today. 😉

Happy to support Argentina. Has given my club Bielsa, Bechhio and Sabella 😉

Edited by Bedford White

1 hour ago, Bedford White said:

That's all good, hopefully that is the support of the future, a new England.

What we have had to put up is the right wing no surrender/ EDL hooligans smashing up everywhere they went. They have been the mainstay of the England support for a long time now. 

That's all good, hopefully that is the support of the future, a new England.
What we have had to put up is the right wing no surrender/ EDL hooligans smashing up everywhere they went. They have been the mainstay of the England support for a long time now. 
This. Don't understand how going to watch England could appeal to any person with a brain considering these are the people that you'll be in solidarity with.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I just hope that I don't have to stomp off to bed in a huff like I did on Wednesday...

FTFY

I’m in Italy, where it’s all very low-key so far. No football shirts, face paint or c***s jumping on buses. Then again, it’s their EIGHTH major final since 1966. Business as usual for these lads. Hoping for 1-0 Italy (Insigne 72’) with a 20-minute time wasting masterclass from Chiellini  & co to drive En-ger-land to tears.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Anyway. I have a sense that sadly, the stars are all aligning in England's favour this year. 

The fact that they have an effective home tournament in a year of a pandemic, where others sides were shuffling all over Europe. The fact that other traditionally powerful countries are going through spells of being a bit rubbish....Germany, Portugal, The Netherlands, Croatia......or have lost in bizarre circumstances....France. The fact that England have had a pretty piss easy route to the final. The fact that they've had no injuries or suspensions. 

Of course, England have a very good side. But it can't be denied that fortune has turned their way throughout the tournament. 

For the first time in this tournament though, they're coming up against a side who may have their match. The best Italian team in over a decade that has had to beat both Belgium and Spain on route to the final. 

I still have the feeling though that momentum will carry England to the trophy....I'll go for 2-1 after ET sadly. 

Just shut myself away for the day now. Going to try and avoid it later, but will no doubt know the result by noise (or hopefully lack of). 

Hoping the Italians produce a shithousing display that we will talk about for years to come.

Screenshot_20210711-140719_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210711-142546_Instagram.jpg

18 minutes ago, Duszek said:

I’m in Italy, where it’s all very low-key so far. No football shirts, face paint or c***s jumping on buses. Then again, it’s their EIGHTH major final since 1966. Business as usual for these lads. Hoping for 1-0 Italy (Insigne 72’) with a 20-minute time wasting masterclass from Chiellini  & co to drive En-ger-land to tears.

Same here. There are some flags hanging from balconies (mine included) but no queues outside bars etc. Hopefully the team are just as calm.

14 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Just shut myself away for the day now. Going to try and avoid it later, but will no doubt know the result by noise (or hopefully lack of). 

Hoping the Italians produce a shithousing display that we will talk about for years to come.

Screenshot_20210711-140719_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210711-142546_Instagram.jpg

FTQ in red, white and blue. This will confuse the Orks.