Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

37 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The sense of relief is genuinely huge.

It shouldn't matter this much, but it bloody does.

Exactly my feelings too. I was trying to be the bigger man here, thinking about the English fans I know and hoping they win for them......

but f**k me I'm over the moon at the moment. It's very petty of me, I know. I honestly would have lived with them winning it, but the fact that they didn't, after such build up and entitlement (the b*****disation of the superb "Football's coming home" has been unforgiveable) is a cause fucking celebre. 

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but Grealish in an England jersey has the heart of a pea and for an impact player he has had no discernible impact on games he's played in. An absolute nothing player in an England jersey. The England fans who cheer for him to come on are baffling. A so-called talisman who doesn't put himself forward for penalties. Hopefully the England support give him some pelters going forward. An absolute con-artist.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I would not want to be on London tonight - sounds like it's kicking off in some areas.

It was kicking off long before the game started.

I travelled across London today having stayed there last night and there are a lot of people milling around. Some of them pished at 1pm. What struck me was that they were almost exclusively male and under 25. That's only what I saw, but there was a huge bias to that demographic. 

Now, clearly they don't behave like this when their club plays and we don't see scenes of disorder like this on weekends throughout the country. What is it about pulling on an England shirt that turns them into feral creatures? 

1 minute ago, SoloXI said:

Is this the greatest result in Scottish football history?

Tartan Army giving their slaps of achievement across the land. They were probably superb .. i dunno, need some lounge cam TV to confirm.

EarlyDeliciousKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif.1d938a89a1f5a62e5bb21aa3fd748f85.gif

Anyone else enjoy the perplexing Jack Grealish wankathon? Every game, the camera was cutting to him on the bench, in a kind of 'here comes the god of football to win the game" way. The guy is tidy as feck on the ball, but apart from an assist Vs Germany, he was totally ineffective.

Feel sorry for Marcus Rashford and Saka missing those pens, only because I would have ejaculated to greater heights if it had been Grealish who missed in their place.

2 minutes ago, SoloXI said:

No, the Dutch are really nice in my experience. Ive known quite a few and, yeah, very nice. Maybe the odd arsehole who hates Germany/France/the moon .. but hed be out the loop.

Every country has its arseholes tbf to them though.

Go and speak to them then 

9 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Top decision by Southgate to bring on Rashford and Sancho.

This is in my head now:

"Why should I, the England manager, let you, who hasn't played in the rest of this final, take one of the first five kicks in this country's most important penalty shootout?"

9ee8af0f-818c-4990-80fc-50d1289dc90a_text.gif.2a301b22e08c048d9d3a6f70afb84d62.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Anyone else enjoy the perplexing Jack Grealish wankathon? Every game, the camera was cutting to him on the bench, in a kind of 'here comes the god of football to win the game" way. The guy is tidy as feck on the ball, but apart from an assist Vs Germany, he was totally ineffective.

Feel sorry for Marcus Rashford and Saka missing those pens, only because I would have ejaculated to greater heights if it had been Grealish who missed in their place.
He is a Poundland Beckham - nowhere as good as they think he is.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

Indeed.  When the tournament started I was chatting to an English guy I work with, and he was saying how he had next to no interest in football but he was going to make an effort to watch the games and look out for this new wonder kid that all his pals had been raving to him about, who was pretty much going to win it singlehandedly for England.  Eventually I figured out he was talking about Grealish.....