Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Complete f**k up from Southgate. All on him I’m afraid.

He's taken the full blame for it. Fair play to him, if I was in charge of a team who had lost like that  I'd be bawling my eyes out.

England the better team in the first half, but thereafter it was a tactical and technical masterclass from Italy. If they had a decent striker they'd be tremendous.
This could be a massive sliding doors moment from England, if they'd won the confidence would have been sky high and they might have become a decent force.  They won't have a better opportunity than the last World Cup draw, and particularly this competition.  They are a good side but not on a par with the very best. Agree with the points they should have tried to kill it off after HT.
Shame for the poor young lads who missed pens, hopefully they bounce back.
Absolutely over the moon England lost from the point of view of the media though. All this coverage beforehand about how this is a different team with a different mentality, and how Southgate is some psychology genius was so much horseshit.  You wait til you've won something before that kind of chat.
Well played Itsly, great entertainment all tournament.
This is pretty much spot on. England couldn't live with Italy from 30 minutes in and really needed to get a second goal when on top, much as in 2018. That they didn't get it was a huge undoing. Once again Kane went missing when it really mattered, which he generally seems to do throughout his career.

As for the House Jocks, inject those tears into my veins.

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Father Ted GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Get it up you. 

Well said Lyle......this dick likes to swallow dictionaries for breakfast and then expects Morton supporters to hang on his every word.....as I type I'm listeningto Iain Wright saying...'we should have won that game'......

23 minutes ago, SoloXI said:

Nailed on. Scotland's best ever international result in their history.

Steve Clarke and the boys will be very proud tonight of what they achieved.

Maybe a parade in Glasgow for the heroes of 2012?

It's stunning you have over 100 posts, as it's clear you are quickly registered banter account.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Shouldn't the players ask to take the pens rather than Southgate forcing it, or is he just taking responsibility like a proper manager?

Seems strange to have a rookie take the last penalty when Sterling and that is still to take.

Southgate can't rely on Sterling to take a penalty, not with him falling over everytime he's in the box!

6 out of 7 games at home? Check.

Less travel than every other team in the knockout stages? Check.

Draw opening up incredibly in your favour? Check.

Semi final opponents without their best player? Check.

Dive to get an ET pen to win the semi final? Check.

Open the scoring 3 mins into the final? Check.

Football coming home? Is. It. f**k.

Honestly, they have been given every conceivable advantage and still havent won it.

Get it up them.