Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

On 19/07/2021 at 15:01, NorthernLights said:

Mancini didn't rate Bridge (who was signed by Mark Hughes) so he signed Kolarov and Clichy.

Bridge was then punted out on loan to West Ham, Sunderland and Brighton. It's no surprise that he hates Mancini.

Had a dream last night that Georgio Chiellini came round for Christmas dinner with me and the family, was just sitting in my mum n dads living room with that big dopey smile on his face. We shook hands, laughed about he final and he suggested we take photos together and wind up the English fans... Although for some reason we fucked up every photo we took. 

Was gutted when I woke up, all felt so real. Lovely guy though, really glad to have met him. 

Edited by thistledo

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Had a dream last night that Georgio Chiellini came round for Christmas dinner with me and the family, was just sitting in my mum n dads living room with that big dopey smile on his face. We shook hands, laughed about he final and he suggested we take photos together and wind up the English fans... Although for some reason we fucked up every photo we took. 

This is like an allegory for England in the Euro final where...

• Giorgio coming round for dinner = playing in a Euro final
  • The photos = penalties

28 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Some people still hurting, it seems. Post marked on Monday 26th. Nice handwriting on the envelope though.

Anyone got a sample of Gary Lineker's to compare?

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The England fan reaction videos are better than the highlights themselves.

I feel bad for the players who missed the penalties whereas every single England fan's tears are lube at this point.

18 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I feel bad for the players who missed the penalties whereas every single England fan's tears are lube at this point.

Those who criticised the black players for missing the penalties in the final seem to be overlooking the fact that Kane missed his penalty in the semi-final - he only scored off the rebound which wouldn't have counted in a shootout.

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Those who criticised the black players for missing the penalties in the final seem to be overlooking the fact that Kane missed his penalty in the semi-final - he only scored off the rebound which wouldn't have counted in a shootout.

True, Ioan Igna wasn't at this tournament.

I bet there are Brazilians still seething at the mention of his name  :P

On 02/08/2021 at 10:42, welshbairn said:

Imagine having to keep explaining that in 20 years time.

Read

For any tattoo 

'Dad, why do you look like a fucking moron'

'It was the fashion at the time son'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...