Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

Currently in London, been here since Thursday.  Been travelling all over the place and really been surprised at the lack of flags and people wearing England stuff going around.  Yeah I know the tournament is over but I expected to see more than 2 guys in old England shirts and a taxi with a flag.

I have seen two 'Italia Campioni" flags (not in restaurants)  and two Italian shirts.  Even saw a guy in Chinatown in a 1986 Scotland shirt.

Some years ago one of the football magazines wanted to show how the game was a lot more physical in the old days, so they got a then-current referee to watch the 1970 Chelsea-Leeds FA Cup Final and note down all the times he would have booked a player or at the very least awarded a free-kick where the actual ref had seen nothing wrong, leaving out of course technical changes like the keeper picking up a passback.
At the end of the game, both teams would have been down to about six men and one guy would have been sent off four times.
It was David Elleray. I'm sure the footage of that was used in some TV sports quiz.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Read that earlier. What a bizarre interview with absolutely no substance. Maybe he did ride Mrs Bridge.

3 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Sounds like he just didn't want to do Mancini's training against the mannequins in case he was beaten for pace.

23 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'd have gone for Ron Harris. Or even Eddie McCreadie.

Did an after dinner speech thing , years ago , Tommy Doc , was the main event , he was in the middle of his story and he talked about  the “late” Ron Harris , some lad in the back pipes up “ he’s nae deid” , Tommy doc replies with a twinkle in his eye , “you obviously never played against him” 

Edited by bishopburn boy
Cant spell

On 19/07/2021 at 15:01, NorthernLights said:

Apparently Mancini was asked to comment on the article and said "Who the f**k is Wayne Bridge?"

First spotted this a few weeks back, just outside the village of Metheringham, near Lincoln.

Looks like a local Banksy has put their own spin on it since then, so thought I'd stop and take a quick picture before it's gone forever.

come on.jpg