Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Catching up on this thread, and knew as soon as I seen the train gif post that Monkey Tennis would be all over it, and the rest of the thread would just be him preaching.

No you didn't.  You've simply made that up retrospectively.

It's 'saw' not 'seen' by the way.

7 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Why not just enjoy this entirely race-free incident instead? (Unless, of course, "floppy haired diva" is a race?)

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

I found it amusing that there was absolutely no reaction from the other England players. Even the referee seemed a bit 'Oh I suppose I'll have to book that Scottish guy'. 

Edited by Lord Snooty
Spelling for dummies

35 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I found it amusing that there was absolutely no reaction from the other England players. Even the referee seemed a bit 'Oh I suppose I'll have to book that Scottish guy'. 

There is/has been nothing to convince me that Grealish is liked or respected in that camp. Southgate certainly doesn't hold him in the same regard as he is held by the fans/media/himself. 

2 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

None of us are gonna live that long

Do you really think they're going to keep winning all the tournaments for years and years, in fact generations, to come then?

Even Lee Dixon doesn't think that.

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There is/has been nothing to convince me that Grealish is liked or respected in that camp. Southgate certainly doesn't hold him in the same regard as he is held by the fans/media/himself. 

There are many good reasons for that. This is but one of them...

2a0ea32d79a070495b1e0cc95e5b7825239c22d6.gifv

19 hours ago, ewan14 said:

Just thinking about how close Southgate came to being a legend as opposed to not !

Even though his team was on the defensive side he very , very nearly did the job. Wouls any other ( realistic ) choice of manager been as successful ?

( with a more creative team )

Derek McInnes

16 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Racist food now. Disgusting.

D993A107-46C9-47CE-8281-DF8F0D34CA6F.jpeg

They're serving kids in sandwiches?

And who is Dame Judy Hench? "Haunch" would have worked better.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Finally managed to reach the end of this thread - I could have done without the last twenty-odd pages banging on about racism.

So changing the subject back to the football:

My biggest regret about the way the Final played out was that Jimmy Hill wasn't alive to see it.

I would love to have watched him seethe...

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Finally managed to reach the end of this thread - I could have done without the last twenty-odd pages banging on about racism.

So changing the subject back to the football:

My biggest regret about the way the Final played out was that Jimmy Hill wasn't alive to see it.

I would love to have watched him seethe...

Literally was just typing as you responded.

Good thread being ruined by a gammon troll and the over analysis of a gif tbh. 

Sometimes things are just funny and that's all there is to it. On  that subject, some of the memes, gifs and reactions in the context of England losing are superb. 

39 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

The best part of that is Pirlo's panenka. Making Joe Hart look spectacularly stupid can just never get old. 

I have Cristiano Ronaldo neck and neck with Jack Grealish on my patent-pending "Scale of Football Wankers", but I think nonetheless that his little wink at 1:20 is one of the most sublime moments I have ever witnessed.