Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

That guy is my new favourite England fan. Being filmed snorting coke to rapturous cheers, sticking a flare up your arse, getting in the stadium without a ticket and then trying to make out what was happening through 3 grams and 20 cans, without feeling a jot of shame. Some boy 

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:
15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
There's a new drug on the streets they believe originates in Czechoslovakia named 'cake'.

Heard some girl cried out all the moisture in her body.

It's a fooking disgrace.

15 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I think it is very Helen Lovejoy to be critical of these memes because first and foremost it has literally nothing to do with race and is almost fully to do with it being a huge overreaction to the foul itself. 

Youngsters putting themselves in front of trains is not unknown though.  In fact it's not unknown for young footballers to do that either.

The images are amusing in themselves, but there is something a bit uncomfortable about them, given that their 'victim' is a young footballer, currently under immense pressure having been treated despicably.

Savage Henry hasn't got this wrong in my view.

42 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Youngsters putting themselves in front of trains is not unknown though.  In fact it's not unknown for young footballers to do that either.

The images are amusing in themselves, but there is something a bit uncomfortable about them, given that their 'victim' is a young footballer, currently under immense pressure having been treated despicably.

Savage Henry hasn't got this wrong in my view.

I think everyone has that little pang of discomfort where your brain goes "Oooft, a white man dragging a black man by the collar. Feels a little bit racist. Is it racist?"

But surely the answer is "No. Because nothing about the incident or the memes afterwards is about race." It would be just as funny (actually multiple times funnier) if it had been Foden or Grealish instead of Saka because most people probably like or have nothing against Saka even if they're having a laugh about the photo.

Is it not really a bit 'white saviour' to try and shield or exclude anyone who isn't white from stuff like this?

Edited by Gordon EF

I think everyone has that little pang of discomfort where your brain goes "Oooft, a white man dragging a black man by the collar. Feels a little bit racist. Is it racist?"
But surely the answer is "No. Because nothing about the incident or the memes afterwards is about race." It would be just as funny (actually multiple times funnier) if it had been Foden or Grealish instead of Saka because most people probably like or have nothing against Saka even if they're having a laugh about the photo.
Is it not really a bit 'white saviour' to try and shield or exclude anyone who isn't white from stuff like this?
Personally I find the whole thing a bit patronising towards Saka. Anyone seeking a race angle in this has him as skin colour first, footballer second.

Chiellini has been iconic this tournament, and for years in general as being the rough and tumble defender who, in the stereotypical Italian mould, will do stuff like that when needed.

Everything about that foul was everything people live about Chiellini, a man who has been front and centre of the tournament from the opening game.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

My discomfort had little to do with race, as outlined in what I actually wrote.

Well the despicable treatment he's receiving is largely racist in nature. It's fair to have assumed that's what you were alluding to.

16 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

This thread was decent when nearly everyone was slagging England. All gone a bit flat a minterish, tbh. 

Every thread that goes a lot of pages on here is the same. An abysmal troll turns up and a bunch of middle aged lads who think they're dunking on someone who's being serious continue to post the same tedious replies ad nauseum. 

12 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Well the despicable treatment he's receiving is largely racist in nature. It's fair to have assumed that's what you were alluding to.

Yes it was, but the crux of my issue with it, is to do with him throwing himself in front of a train. 

It's not the nicest idea.