Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

4 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

...England have a huge pool of attacking talent but their style is boring due to Southgate's negative tactics and formations.

Is that not a big part of what he got right though? They aren't the worldbeaters their tabloid media think they are so the path to victory is to take more of a Greece in 2004 sort of approach than a Brazil in1982 one. Let's not forget it was alarmingly close to actually working for them.

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/people-discover-theyve-been-singing-24486359

Apparently some England fans have been singing "Three Lions" incorrectly for the last 25 years.

Whose jewels?

What jewels?

Where do they remain?

Do jewels gleam? I know precious metals do but jewels?

Idiots.

Ask Bobby  Moore. 

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
19 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:
Hahaha. Now that is so sad that your bitterness towards anything English has spewed out of you.

At what point will you realise that literally everyone reading your posts is laughing at you?

They fan laugh all they want. But I just chuckle away at the small mindedness seethe at anything English. No wonder this country cannot move on.

23 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Their content is usually great. Taking a hammering in the comments.

Yah, making something like that is very out of character for that channel.  Some of the ideas in the video are good (such as England making fans proud of the national team) but the title really lets it down

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't see much wrong with the original headline given that the story is specifically about them being racially abused. The fact they're black is relevant to that.

Yeah, being generous I'd suggest the 'three black players' is to provide context to the 'racially abused' follow-up, especially since it's an Australian source and their target audience might not be as familiar with English players. 

Removing it later on is what leads to the impression that there's a deliberately racist undertone to it.

1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:
5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
Lee Dixon fell silent as soon as Donnarumma saved the final penalty and never uttered a single word thereafter.
Genuinely think he stormed out the studio in a huff as Matterface had to gonsolo for a good 10 minutes.

We need the footage of him angrily taking his headset off, throwing it to the ground and PeirsMorganning out of the studio.

or for us ( non ) da s Nott (?) and Sir Robin Day

or 3 for 1 , the BGs and Clive ( ? )

16 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

They fan laugh all they want. But I just chuckle away at the small mindedness seethe at anything English. No wonder this country cannot move on.

Maybees ayes , etc

but the first time I saw an " Anyone but .. " t shirt the country was Australia !

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Sounds horrendous mate, hope you and your young lad are okay.

You do wonder if this was coordinated, as in someone put on social media ‘let’s force our way in’ and word spread.  I haven’t heard of big mobs storming turnstiles for many years. I’ve been to Wembley, it’s way out in an industrial estate with not much about as I remember it in terms of pubs or entertainment.  Would big numbers of folk without tickets just happen to be milling about and took their chance.. sounds unlikely.

Folk seem to blame stewards, heard some England fans shouting ‘do your job’ but at the end of the day what can you do? Vastly outnumbered  by folk willing to do anything to get past with barely any powers on your side and no police back up.. all on near to minimum wage rate of pay?!

The area surrounding Wembley has been developed with new flats, shops and restaurants.

"Cannot move on" is quite the take following a week of jingoism and war fetishising by our nearest and dearest neighbour around a game of football.
Mind it's only a game.

I don't see much wrong with the original headline given that the story is specifically about them being racially abused. The fact they're black is relevant to that.
But the headline is not in any way about the racist abuse. The headline is about the outcome of the match, and their skin colour has f**k all to do with it.

6 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Chiellini is a God of a player. 

Not just a world class defender and an all-round nice bloke by all accounts (and someone who has a BA in Economics and a Masters in Business administration), but he has the ability to instantly take your mind back to younger days.....the Italian team of the early 80's for instance, where each and every one of their defenders would murder you, your family, and everyone your family has ever spoken to, just to win a throw in. 

The phrase 'throwback to an earlier time' can be overused, but Chiellini is its living embodiment.  The summer of 1982 and the world cup in Spain kept on floating into my head every time I saw him last night...happy days. 

The ironically named Claudio Gentile comes to mind. If there was an algorithm for most influential player with fewest touches of the ball, it would be him.  Of course he touched plenty of other things, but always out of the the referee's sight.