Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Probably about the same, but what is more damaging is that it likely crushed the chances of hosting a world cup or UEFA tournament in the near future.

10 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Who is this chap? 

Sounds like Jay from the Inbetweeners. 

Pretty sure it's the same mob who said England would stick 6/7 past Scotland.

The fact they are wearing heart monitors is just bizarre and I do wonder what they are going to do with themselves now it's all over.

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

the content keeps flowing baby.

Barry's is absolutely the best off licence in the south side of Glasgow as well. 

Tremendous watching England lose in the most heartbreaking manner possible last night. They came out the traps at about 100mph but I think once the adrenaline had worn off Italy looked like they had everything under control. As a few folk said about Chiesa, he was wonderful to watch. When he skipped through about 5 separate fouls from Rice it really was showing the difference in levels.

Chiellini and Bonucci are just absolutely sensational. Absolutely willing to put bodies on the line in order not to concede. Give me a masterclass in shithouse defending to watch over tiki taka every day of the week. The number of people outing themselves as never having watched an actual game of football when they were claiming Chiellini should have been sent off for his jersey pull on Saka has been superb to see. 

6 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The BBC have a "Pick your team of the tournament" vote - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57785782

Naturally, the BBC have rigged the choices with lots of England players. Do your duty and get it up them!

Done

I won’t pretend I have first hand experience of how it usually works but it seems a bit mental if Southgate was ordering the takers based purely on his own thoughts rather than consulting with the players to see who was up for it, as that video implies.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I won’t pretend I have first hand experience of how it usually works but it seems a bit mental if Southgate was ordering the takers based purely on his own thoughts rather than consulting with the players to see who was up for it, as that video implies.

Other managers talk about letting the confident ones go first, it would be interesting if that what Italy did, regardless of how confident some of the takers were taking a penalty without hardly touching the ball before hand does strike me as odd.

11 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

After getting England to massively overachieve for years now Southgate is still getting undeserved criticism

The suggestions that he, of all people, hasn't spent enough time thinking about penalty shoot outs is one  of  the  more far fetched examples

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

I'll be honest guys, I've said before that I'm usually on the more neutral side of things.  I've got an English Da who moved up here when he was early teens, and watched them win the World Cup here whilst probably not being too popular.  I was brought up watching largely English football, which I then realised was just as shite as up here, so why not actually watch our shite.  However, I still didn't really feel the need to want England to get beat on the International stage, unless it was directly affecting us.

This year was the first time I've felt like actually wanting them to get beat, and I've got to say, after seeing all the seethe and salt coming from down there these days, I think I'll stick with this for a wee while.  Nae luck Da.

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

After getting England to massively overachieve for years now Southgate is still getting undeserved criticism

The suggestions that he, of all people, hasn't spent enough time thinking about penalty shoot outs is one  of  the  more far fetched examples

Should have phoned SSC for some advice.

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

In fairness I was trying to load it with as many Italians as possible as an act of pettiness. Ronaldo (no Italian available) and Locateli in there instead. 

Me, too! :lol:  No Englishmen in my team, either. (Petty, petty.)