Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

Tory MP for Dover already having to backtrack over criticising Rashford in a (presumably leaked) private message.  

Eta: WhatsApp message reportedly to a Conservative MP group chat.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Rashford has a really good penalty record though. He has taken loads in his career and is clearly the 2nd most experienced taker after Kane.
Sancho had never hit a penalty in his career. That is a weird one. But then none of the England players have either experience or a good penalty record. Sterling has a career record of 4-3 but he looked fucked last night. They could have subbed on Calvert-Lewin who is a striker but also not taken many penalties.
Is Grealiah not Villa's regular penalty taker?

If so he surely should have taken one

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:
Tory MP for Dover already having to backtrack over criticising Rashford in a (presumably leaked) private message.  

He has previous for being a racist shitebag

Might be why he's had a rather convincing sex change then.

11 minutes ago, yoda said:

Chiesa, man PowttJS.png

Looks like a man that could be in any Italian shirt from the 1950s onwards and not look out of place. 

A real thrill to see him pick up the ball and run at defenders. One of the most exciting players to watch at the tournament.

Him, Olmo and Maehle are the three players at this tournament who really impressed me, despite me not knowing much of them beforehand.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, speckled tangerine said:

The ponce's ponce worries about his image and with that, incredibly, he makes himself look even worse.

Was that really Grealish's missus with the 'Mrs Grealish - 69' shirt ?

Classy burd. 

5 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

They had an easy route to the final once again, most every single game played at Wembley, bar one.

We have seen from previous tournaments held in England how much of an advantage that is to them. They rarely win knockout games in 90 minutes outside of England.

They did well to only concede 2 but let's be honest, that papers over a lot of cracks. They gave away multiple chances in most games.

Is it Southgates fault they didn't win last night? Partly. They had the Italians on the ropes in the first half albeit they scored with one of their only shots on goal. It was pretty much like for like with the Croatia game. Sat in deeper and deeper and looked more leggy the more the game went on.

At the end of the day Italy were the best team in the tournament and were easily the better team once they got going last night but England had it in their grasp not once but twice. Total bottle job, again.

Bit harsh on them no? Their worst result came at home, their best result came in italy, and they didnt concede a goal in the whole tournament from open play, 

Yeah their fanbase will big them up, but to say they papered over the cracks when pickford barely had a save to make all tournament is a bit harsh, 

22 minutes ago, yoda said:

Chiesa, man PowttJS.png

Looks like a man that could be in any Italian shirt from the 1950s onwards and not look out of place. 

A real thrill to see him pick up the ball and run at defenders. One of the most exciting players to watch at the tournament.

Mancini switching him to the left completed shat on englands 352 to the point southgate went to a back 4 because chiesa was tearing them apart, when he went off injured england went back to a back 3 again 

Absolutely tremendous player and deserved a goal last night, 

13 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

^^^^ poised ready to reply ^^^^

:lol:

Forza Italia 🇮🇹 

Aye I was waiting all morning for it. 

Well done your 8th team won where as my 1st team won the league and my international team lost the final on penalties... 😂

He nick of that absolute nobody Jason Cundy 😂 Surely that's a suspension from TalkSport coming his way?  Actually, probably not.

The caller was spot on, a broken clock is right twice a day, and that's the weakest German side for years.  And the draw they got was ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Pickford is 27 now and still makes several howlers each season.

A top keeper would have saved Denmark's free kick. 

I'd have got closer to that free kick. That's current,post-stroke and cancer me, not the honed athlete* I was back in the day. 

*Never been honed. 

7 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Well done your 8th team won where as my 1st team won the league and my international team lost the final on penalties... 

I'm genuinely struggling to work out whether this is an example of dry wit, or one of the best cases of stupidity in the history of P&B.