Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

5 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Jim White is having a great time trolling Danny Murphy and Simon Jordan on Talksport right now. Murphy is desperately trying to defend the behaviour of the England fans yesterday.

ha I'm listening too..Jim White is  a fanny but loving his work this morning... Talksport must be regretting having Super Sally on first thing and now Jim White...

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Me floating about in a lake I’ve fallen into.

DB03C133-4105-462E-B45E-FCD9F8BC0599.jpeg

In honour of your hosts, I hope you've fallen towards the lake a few times but Gianluigi Donnarumma has saved you three times in a row.

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

I hadn't even considered that angle.  I think it's still a lot of shite and that he never volunteered at all, but...is this better?  That he did volunteer, but Southgate laughed at him and told him to sit the f**k down.

Based on that Grealish would be 8th at best which doesn't exactly seem likely for an attacking player desperate to take one. The Pickford thing for 6th could be legitimate as there was something in the Athletic earlier in the tournament where one of the England players was saying he was one of the best at taking them in training.

10 hours ago, Glennie said:

shite game really but two standounts

the atmosphere in the 5 minutes after England scored sounded unbelievable

loved chiellini getting the win carrying the trophy wi that kids smile, what a character

The atmosphere after the first ten minutes was a disgrace. I'm gonna hazard a guess that home fans' attendance last night was, even more than normal, predicated on an ability to pay and a desire to be present at any major event than any passion for or knowledge of the game. 

Oh, and a PTTGOMN - any melt who notices themselves on the big screen and starts gurning like a loon (or, even, notices themselves - because they'te not watching the game, are they?) should be taken round the back of the stand and choked with their own BNWT replica shirt. 

Unlike other outlets, the BBC only tokenly reporting on English fan thuggery.

One would hope they'll get onto the online abuse black players, including one best known for feeding poor kids, are getting from Brexiteer morons, just for missing penalties.
I had to leave one FB football group last night because a significant minority (both English and Scottish fans) still think it's acceptable to resort to abuse.

English football itself still has a significant problem with racist abuse and people who either tolerate it or question it happens.

I left after a final post I made reporting the racist abuse that the 3 players had received and that it was unacceptable and should be challenged by the decent England fans - I did get some supportive comments but too many said it wasn't racist or accused me of lying about it.

That's what you are up against - it's not a surprise when you see a significant minority who still sing crap like 10 German bombers, boo players taking the knee and resort to thuggery when they get tanked up.

We should be talking about how close England got in a positive way but the news is dominated by the actions of the yobs.

5 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Based on that Grealish would be 8th at best which doesn't exactly seem likely for an attacking player desperate to take one. The Pickford thing for 6th could be legitimate as there was something in the Athletic earlier in the tournament where one of the England players was saying he was one of the best at taking them in training.

Pickford took a pelanty in the Nations League and to be fair it was a beaut of a strike.

20 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The Pickford thing for 6th could be legitimate as there was something in the Athletic earlier in the tournament where one of the England players was saying he was one of the best at taking them in training.

Pickford scored England's 4th pen in their Nations League (5-4) shootout win against Switzerland.  

Still, imagine being valued at £100m and then being told you're behind the keeper in the England shootout pecking order in a major final.

Eta: that Southgate pen selection video is inevitably going to end up with multiple 'Southgate takes the drinks orders' type voiceovers on YouTube.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Guest Flash

9 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The way he walks past Grealish after speaking to Saka is funny.

2 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Which could go to a decision maker as he has left employment due to "misconduct". Be funny as f**k if he gets sacked and then sanctioned for being a horrible racist.

I looks like such a nice guy as well.

Edited by Gordon EF

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

My stab at TotT. They genuinely have Jack Grealish as an option for this, but not Barella or Verratti.

tott.PNG

I had that except for Lukaku instead of Sterling, purely out of spite.

Obviously Sterling has been outstanding though and I doubt if England would have got any further than Germany without him.

I made a genuine point after that game that I hoped one thing to come of Sterling's contribution would be to silence the poisonous element of England's support and a different attitude to players when the going wasn't quite as smooth. Inevitably that has gone tits-up at the earliest opportunity.

Edited by AMMjag

I can't see massively experienced players like Walker and Henderson bottling a penalty shoot-out.
Yet Southgate chose to replace them with Rashford and Sancho to take the penalties.
Rashford was an odd one given his poor chance-to-conversion rate in normal play.

26 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Jim White is having a great time trolling Danny Murphy and Simon Jordan on Talksport right now. Murphy is desperately trying to defend the behaviour of the England fans yesterday.

Defending the indefensible is such an English thing to do.