Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Me wandering about the Lake District today.

So England have just lost a major final at Wembley on pens, and you're telling me there's an empty?

thsrtjhjtsj.thumb.jpg.d1094aeaea90968ef9105c5d832031de.jpg

1 minute ago, speckled tangerine said:

Never underestimate the power of the brown envelope.

Qatar got the next world Cup despite homosexuality being illegal, brutal human rights abuses and the fact that it's in the middle of a fucking desert. 

And 30,000 salves building the stadia.

But I can't see us chucking a huge wedge at it especially when I looks like Ireland will be part of any bid and you would imagine they have also pissed of UEFA by cancelling their host obligations.

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I'll assume that's an absolutely hurting Rangers fan. Glorious stuff.

Born: North Lanarkshire

Team: Rangers

Your assumptions are spot on.

5 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

This...  I live and work in England.  The mates I have down here are all sound football fans who just want their team to do well like any football fan would.... and none of the say 20-30 folk I know(including work mates) were overly confident in winning it...they were just enjoying the 'ride'..... 

But then there is the media and the 'other' deluded fans.  On Friday I was in the office having a bit banter in the canteen at lunchtime with a  few folk.  Someone asked me who i was supporting in the final.   When I wasn't committing to saying England..(I made a sh*te joke about getting the pizza and peroni in)...  Some wee p***k started having a go at me with some anti-Scottish shite and when I mentioned "England couldnt beat us and that was the main thing" it triggered him and he started ranting about letting us draw with them and utter bullsh*t before going into full on Eng-er-lund coming home pish.  Even the other guys in the room look embarrassed.  When I had a chance to get a word in after his seething mess,  all I said was "and thats why I'm supporting Italy" .   But that was a group of about 8 folk, one ars*hole... and although I don't excuse the racist c*nts who make up a large amount of he support..its not everyone.

I lived in England between 2013-2017. Now it helped that they were utter mince during those years but most of the folk I knew down there were absolutely sound. I watched games with them and there was a part of me that genuinely wanted them to do well because it would have been a good laugh and they'd have enjoyed it. My brother in law's English. Really good guy, genuine football guy. Was chatting to him last week and he hates all the shite element of the English media and fans. He was just talking about how amazing it's been for him to see England get to a final, etc. It actually made me think I wouldn't mind if they won it, there were even moments when I thought maybe I'd like to see them do it....

Then I see pundits and clips of their fans and think nah, f**k them.

14 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Never underestimate the power of the brown envelope.

Qatar got the next world Cup despite homosexuality being illegal, brutal human rights abuses and the fact that it's in the middle of a fucking desert. 

Not to mention the vast majority of the stadiums being in Doha when weveryine else gets limited to one city with two venues. Amazing powers of persuasion, an envelope full of dollars. 

And moving the whole fucking tournament to winter so it'll be marginally less roasting for the players, disrupting fixture schedules to do so. 

11 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I lived in England between 2013-2017. Now it helped that they were utter mince during those years but most of the folk I knew down there were absolutely sound. I watched games with them and there was a part of me that genuinely wanted them to do well because it would have been a good laugh and they'd have enjoyed it. My brother in law's English. Really good guy, genuine football guy. Was chatting to him last week and he hates all the shite element of the English media and fans. He was just talking about how amazing it's been for him to see England get to a final, etc. It actually made me think I wouldn't mind if they won it, there were even moments when I thought maybe I'd like to see them do it....

Then I see pundits and clips of their fans and think nah, f**k them.

again, absolutely spot on.....

I honestly wasn't bothered up until watching the semi final v Denmark when lee Dixon said "15 minutes to go and its coming home"(er no...) and then Sam Matterface or whatever he's called started his speech.... that put my over the edge. ..save that for when you win it but they just never learn... 

11 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

The hilarious 60 yard blooter into a completely empty Italian half after about 15 mins would have got him laughed at in a pub team match. He got a nosebleed every single time he came out of a challenge with the ball as well. He's the modern day Carlton Palmer.

😂Succinct and to the point. Always loved juglugs - even when Leeds were two or three goals down with ten minutes to go, he'd be charging round like an Ostrich on meth. Some entertainer. 

15 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Don't want to brag, but I have as many medals as Harry Kane.

To be fair actually, I did get a coaster for winning a 5-aside tournament on holiday when I was 15. Scored in the final as well. So Harry's not far behind me.

Gordon - 1 coaster
Harry - 

Edited by Gordon EF